“Best Hotel in Columbia” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
“Best Hotel in Columbia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a home away from home. I have spent a lot of time here as I work in Columbia and live in Atlanta. The friendliest people on the planet. There is a high end, fabulous restaurant on site that has a waterfront view and great food. The tower is pretty and new with lake views, the Lodge has huge rooms with a suite feel with all the comforts of home. They have a following of regular business travellers. You can walk to Restaurants and shopping.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you very much for your input on our hotel, Associates and our services. We are glad to be your home away from home and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to assist with a future stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is a decent, but well worn property with diminishing looks but with large, clean rooms and friendly and efficient service. Not at all worth the $219 rate in my opinion, but it was across the street from our business meeting, so it was worthwhile for us. Several of us had lower level rooms that we agreed felt 'humid' relative to the main floor and I would avoid that level if I went back there.

Summarily...Great Staff with Terrific Service and Attitude, but beyond that, no remarkable pros or cons.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the basement level rooms, it seemed humid down there to me.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for your input - really appreciate the comments about our Associates and will certainly pass it along. The hotel does have a Tower and Lodge section; the Lodge is a terrific area with quick access to the Fitness Center, Pool (in Season) and the recreational. I will not in your guest history that you prefer the Tower for any future visits. Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Columbia is a bland little place whose "town center" is a shopping mall. The Sheraton is fine, though it reflects the character of its location. The hotel consists of a tower and a 3 story wing of rooms along the town lake. Nice enough. We stayed there for a hockey tournament, so really had no choice of other accommodations. The staff was pleasant, food was OK (and some really good food choices are just a few steps away from the hotel.) Our room was clean, a little worn, but clean. I would ask yourself "do I really want/need to stay in Columbia?" If the answer is yes, than the Sheraton is a good choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for the feedback and taking time to write a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and commented on the Town Center feeling that Columbia is known for. We hope that your future travels will bring you back and look forward to welcoming you again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We have stayed several times in this hotel in Columbia, MD where we go to visit with family. It is a very comfortable hotel with excellent service and a good restaurant overlooking the lake. Columbia is "New Town" with a picturesque location and several good restaurants. Hotel is less than a mile from our family's house so it is very convenient for us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for the kind words on our property and Associates. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your visits with us more enjoyable.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

When I stay at a Sheraton, I do so because of the fact that it is a Sheraton. With that brand comes the expectation of a superb property, well maintained rooms, and an excellent staff. This property met a few of those criteria: the staff was very friendly and helpful, the location was decent, and I had a view of the river. The hotel itself, however, is pretty sub par as far as my expectations were concerned- the room was older, the bed just wasn't a Sheraton bed, the room had a funny smell (cats, maybe?). On the interior, it appeared to be more like a Holiday Inn. Overall, this was an OK place to stay, but I wouldn't go out of my way to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for the time you took to write a review on our property. I am delighted you found the associates accommodating - that said I am sorry that you felt the property dated. We continue to work very hard to maintain an inviting property with the amenities that you would expect from our brand. Please let me know if your travel bring you back through this areas as I would be happy to assist with your booking and ensuring your comfort.
Nanuet, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is an excellent property with a great staff. I would highly recommend this location except for one thing. The TV is horrible. I usually travel for work and stay at hotels for one to two weeks at a time. I like to watch some TV at the end of the day and I typically watch the number 1 highest rated network in the USA which for the past few years happens to be Univision. They offered the number two three four and fifth rated networks, however the network with the greatest number of viewers was nowhere to be seen. In fact there was no spanish language programming available at all. Although disappointing, I would probably return to this hotel because of the staff.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are larger and have a great view of the lake.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback - We have reached out to our cable provider and asked that they assist us with packages or the availiability of Spanish speaking stations. This is something we have been working on and assure you it will be resolved shortly. Thank You.
Boca Raton, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We recently stayed at the Sheraton Columbia MD we are from FL. & we went to MD for business/pleasure. The hotel pictures online must have been taken when the hotel was originally built. The hotel is lacking in upkeep & maintance, our room had paint peeling off the walls, door to the bathroom had old paint peeling off too, the bedding comforters were yellowed instead of being a crisp white. Dust everywhere I guess we should have picked a "pure room" so that we could have had dust free bedding etc. TV line up of channels basic. Noisy rooms we could hear the neighbors entire converations etc... we had to leave the tv on to drown out the noise for our kids at night. The ony thing going for this hotel is its location. When we complained the staff just brushed us off as if they had enough business & our complaints were not important. I am surprised that Sheraton does not perform quality inspections on their franchises as we expected a Starwood affiliate property to have higher standards than a typical 2 star hotel. I don't think the owner of the hotel cares since it seems they make most of their revenue through local businesses & conferences not on tourists. If they priced their hotel at $100 or less & it was rated a 2 star then you would expect exactly what they provide. If your an avid traveler use to nice,modern,clean rooms then look elsewhere, pictures do not represent current conditions of property/rooms!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am sorry with your concerns on the room quaility and service. I assure you we work hard to provide superior service train our associates on all brand levels. I hope that this will not keep you from returning in the future and allowing us to show you the true level of product and service we can deliver

Been to Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel? Share your experiences!