“9-11 One night Stay- Fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Haymarket VA
“9-11 One night Stay- Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I was attending a concert on 9-11-11 at Merriweather and since I am from VA, decided to spend the night here for convenience. From my call to clarify directions, to my check out at the counter- the staff was phenomenal. It's a nice hotel that is not huge, and not small, but personal. Everyone I dealt with (might get names messed up) Wayne, Derek, Melissa, AJ and another young lady at the counter (whose name I cannot remember) were so great and friendly. It is centrally located to lots of things to do and many restaurant choices along the lake. Unfortunately, we experienced an hour long downpour just prior to making it to the venue(we planned on walking there) and when I inquired as to whether there was a shuttle available- initially the answer was "there is no driver" but then a very nice man (AJ I think) volunteered to drive us us! How wonderful! I had a single King, and while the room was small, it was comfortable. Not noisy- on the 7th floor alongside the atrium. On top of it all- the Incubus concert was excellent! So thanks for capping off a great experience. I definitely recommend!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Sudbury, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

Since I was flying in for exactly 24 hours for a wedding at the hotel, it was a sensible choice. The hotel is pretty nice, all things considered, although not extraordinary. Still, some of the rooms overlook the lake and pool, making for a pretty view.

There are two parts to the hotel--a tower with probably 10 or 11 floors and an elevator, and a lodge-type with three floors. If you have difficulties walking, avoid the lodge--or at least the rooms on the far end of the lodge--because it is a long walk to get there. I also found that the rooms on the far end of the lodge tend to smell like chlorine, since they are near the pool.

The rooms themselves are very spacious and nicely decorated and furnished. The beds are very plush with nice linens and pillows. It was definitely comfortable, so it's not a bad choice.

It was Labor Day weekend, so they were very busy. My room was not ready when I arrived at noon, and if I hadn't pestered them, my room might not have been ready at all. They were still cleaning rooms at 3:00!

Room Tip: ASk for a room with a lake view and get a room that is either in the tower or close to it
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
oaydin, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
Thank you for your comments and overall I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. You are right that we have 2 different buildings, tower and the lodge buildings. Our lodge rooms are little larger in size and closer to our fitness center and the pool area which makes it very ideal for a social visit. You could also park in front of the building for easy access.

Thanks again for visiting us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Best regards,
austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

I stayed in this hotel a lot last year, adn then came back last month. Overall, the staff is very friendly, but the rooms can be noisy due to the fact that there is an open atrium where all the rooms are visible. (There are other rooms, but that is a very long walk to the front desk.)

Room Tip: Get a room that does not face the atrium in the tower
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

We took an extended 2 week trip to the Baltimore, Maryland area and selected the Sheraton Town Center in Columbia, MD. It was a delightful stay with an extremely warm and gracious staff throughout our stay. Two weeks in a single hotel is quite a long stay for us so we were so ever pleased the location, staff, cleanliness and amenities of this spectacular hotel not only met but truly exceeded our expectations. It was a thrill for my son to walk through the lobby each day to see who was on duty to say hello to. There were a number of terrific staff members. I'll only list a few like Mr. McKnight, Mr. Holder, Ms. Shirlyne etc. and my apologies for not noting the names of others. We were also in touch with the hotel general manager, who is a warm and gracious person who made our stay a positive and memorable one.
The rooms were clean and a nice size with extremely comfortable beds. There is a huge mall across the street, park and lake with lots of restaurants behind the hotel. Walmart, Targets, Walgreens and every chain retail store and chain restaurant are all very conveniently nearby.
Thank you Mr. Aydin and your outstanding staff for making our 2 week stay at your hotel so pleasant and comfortable. We enjoyed the comforts your hotel provided particularly the very comfortable beds and delicious cookies and lemonade. We look forward to another two week stay next summer.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Everyone at the hotel, from registration to check-out, were smiling, accommodating, enthusiastic, and pure pleasure! The breakfast buffet was surprisingly diverse and tasty. The grounds were well kept and enjoyable to walk through each day. The location is well suited for those who may be looking for a place to relax and decompress. The shuttle service was very accommodating and reliable. I will recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Ask!! That's what we did.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Absolutely excellent hotel! Me & friends stayed here,for a show at the MPP,clean everywhere I looked. Room was immaculate,beds comfy,sheets fresh,a good nights sleep was had by all,when we did finally go to sleep ;). No overly excessive noise we heard,then again we could of been the ones making the noise,sorry about that. We had a third floor Tower room,with a view of the lake,that was pretty nice. Bathroom could maybe use an update but everything worked,and was clean,and the water was hot,no complaints.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
I am glad you had a lot of fun at the concert that was at the Merriwheather Post Pavillion. Being closest hotel to it, allows our guests the ease of going to the concerts without any hassels. Thank you for your comments as it relates to your wonderful experience as well at our hotel. I will certainly share them with my staff.

Thanks again and see you next time.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Reservation was for King room, but none were available when I arrived. Nigel did everything he could to make me happy and fix something he had no control over. If everyone on staff is as courteous and helpful as he is, then I will nevery stay anywhere else in the Baltimore Washington area.

Room Tip: Call in advance to make sure room type reserved online is available when you arrive.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
I am glad to hear that Nigel at our front desk exceeded your expectations. Each of us at the Sheraton Columbia take great pride in serving each other and serving our guests. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,
Orkun Aydin

Been to Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel? Share your experiences!