“Disappointing for a Sheraton” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #10 of 12 hotels in Columbia
Oakland, Maryland
“Disappointing for a Sheraton”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

The room was a little dirty and the headboard on one of the beds was broken. $12.95/day for internet is a little much in my opinion. There are other hotels in the area that are a much better value.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
oaydin, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
Thank you for your feedback as I truly appreciate it. If you would, please contact me directly, I would like the opporturnity to further assist you in regards to your concerns.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

357 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Hampton, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

I have stayed at many Sheraton hotels in my time, but i must say that this by far is the worst. We were there for a family reunion of 1000+ family members and the downstairs bar close at 9pm on the weekend. There was mold in my shower and the hallways smelled like raw sewage. When we did get to go the lounge, i must say that the drinks were reasonably priced. It was not worth $140.00 a night. I wish I would have known that it was a 2 star hotel.

Room Tip: Clean except the bathroom
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
oaydin, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
I am sorry to hear about your experience. I am concerned about your comments as we have not had any complaints as it relates to mold and a sewage smell at our hotel. In addition, our bar closes at midnight and not at 9pm. Therefore if you could please call me directly at 410-423-8912, I will be happy to discuss it further with you.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one night (7/16-7/17) to celebrate my husband's birthday. The hotel has been recently updated and is quite nice. Check in was easy and the front desk staff was very friendly. Our room was large and located on the club level floor. The front desk provided us with breakfast vouchers since the club lounge was closed over the weekend. The room was very clean and had a great view of the lake. The bathroom was pretty small, but functional. Room service was tasty and fast. The hotel was located close to many restaurant, the lake waterfront, and the Mall and Columbia. You can easily walk to all of these locations. We will return to this hotel!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Oakland, CA.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed for two days in July while visiting family in Columbia. Had been there a few times before and thought it a bit run down. But this time, new paint, new furnishings, new attitude.
Stayed in one of the Lodge rooms, overlooked the lake path and woods. Very comfortable and spacious. Had the Buffet breakfast- a good buy and lots of food. Staff very helpful and provided extra pillows. Can walk anywhere in the Town Center. I walked around the lake in the morning and went to the Mall in the afternoon (when the temperature was over 90!). There is a walking path there as well. Everything very accessible. Would recommend this Sheraton for visitors (business or personal) to this area. Very pleasant stay and VERY reasonable.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for being our guest and also sharing your wonderful comments with other viewers as well. I am glad that we exceeded your expectations. We have spent $12 million in renovating our property in the recent years so that our guests can enjoy our beatiful property.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Best wishes
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have been to this hotel a couple of times now for business. It's location is great - to the huge shopping center across the street, to the Applied Physics Lab at the Johns Hopkins University, you are within a few miles. Very comfortable rooms and great staff. A great bar too! Restaurants are within walking distance. I liked it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful comments. Much appreciated it. Our property is certainly at a very central location with easy access to many other establishments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your business.

We look forward to serving you again in the future. if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact us further.

Sincerely yours,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011 via mobile

The hotel is awful. The front staff are a bright spot, with the warm welcome and informative check in. The rooms were very dirty and the sheets were worn and wrinkled. A member of the maintenance staff, I believe his name was Nate, was very rude and seemed as if he was not intelligent. The General Manager would not answer his phone or return my message

• Stayed June 2011
oaydin, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Thank you for your comment and posting. My apologies for not meeting your expectations while you stayed with us. I am sorry if I missed your call as I have been out of the office for a 10 day period and when returned did not see any messages.

As you can see my responses to other reviews that I take great pride of contacting our guests to ensure that we exceeded everyone's expectation. Therefore I like to do the same for you. Please contact me directly at 410-423-8912 to further discuss the details of your stay so that I can further assist you.

Best regards
Long Island, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

The website for this hotel boasts a recent $12 Million renovation. If that is true, it is not evident other than an average lobby. The room was tired with worn and stained carpet, marked up walls and a musty smell. Worse yet was housekeeping with dust all over, but that was not as bad as urine on the toilet seat. I would look for another place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for reporting the issue you listed. Our sincere apologies about your experience as it is not the norm, nor indicative of the type of service we pride ourselves at the Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel. Your concerns have been already addressed and thank you again for bringing it to our attention.

I believe, Shirlyne, our Manager on Duty has assisted you while you were at the property. If the resolution was not to your satisfaction, please contact me directly at 410-423-8912 so that I can further assist you.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Orkun Aydin

Been to Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel? Share your experiences!