“EXCELLENT HOTEL” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 12 hotels in Columbia
Indianapolis, Indiana
“EXCELLENT HOTEL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

This is hotel was wonderful it kind of reminds of a lodge when you first pull up very cozy and then when you walk in it is very modern and up to date. The rooms were very spacious and clean! I was here for a conference and the banquet staff was AWESOME I really wish I could remember thier names I even wrote them down but I have misplaced it. Congrats to all of the banquet staff you all were AWESOME! Last but not least I thought I had left a VIP document in my hotel room and I was escorted up to my room by a Guest Service agent and the doucments were not there I was pretty upset and I assumed housekeeping threw it away. The guest service manager tall thin guy even looked threw the trash for me... Needless to say I thought it was gone.. Well when I got home I found those documents and I really wish I would have gotten his name but either way. Congrats to the Guest Serivce and front desk staff you all are awesome too. This is a great hotel and I loved how so many restaurants were in walking distance AWESOME HOTEL

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
oaydin, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2011
I appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful experience with other viewers. It was our pleasure to serve you and we hope to see you again in near future.

I also shared your comments with my staff and thank you again.

361 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Bronx, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

My wife and I along with my two toddlers only spent one night at this hotel and this what we found:

The hotel has a very nice appearance, but if you look under the bed you will find objects and filth.

The Stink bug pamphlet is very creepy and one cannot sleep comfortably with that problem in mind(I found a dead one under my bag).

They do not offer Continental breakfast for the price and the restaurant downstairs is overpriced.

Never again........

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
I am sorry to hear about your experience. It is truly not the norm, nor indicative of the type of service we pride ourselves here at the Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel.

If you would please call me, I like to discuss your stay more with you and assist you further. In the mean time, I took the liberty of sharing your comments with the departments it pertains to in order to preclude it from happening again.

I look forward to hearing from you.

My best regards,
Morristown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

My husband had business in Columbia has stayed at this hotel many times and likes it very much. But this time I decided to go with him for an overnight stay and take our dog Dolly for "test run". Dolly is a Cairn Terrier with plenty of attitude but loves people and attention. She has never stayed in a hotel before and we wanted to know how she would do because we'd like to travel with her more.
Well, Dolly passed with flying colors and the hotel staff could not have been nicer. My special thanks to Bethe Brekke and Trish Karnath Steen from your sales office who just doted on Dolly and offered to watch her if we needed help. Everyone was wonderful including room service, front desk and housekeeping.
The hotel was extrememly comfortable and I enjoyed my little getaway.I will definately stay at Starwood hotels in the future because of the wonderful expierence we all had.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. I am glad to hear that Dolly had a great time at our hotel as well and we look forward to seeing Dolly again.

I will also share your wonderful comments with Bethe and Trish to recognize them for a job well done.

Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

Good afternoon Ms. Gallagher and Mr. Biggar:

I am writing to make you aware of my family’s sincere appreciation for the fabulous job done by the staff at the Sheraton Columbia Town Center. My daughter had her wedding ceremony and reception at this facility on September 4, 2010. She and I started plans for her wedding one year prior to this date and one of the first things we did was to reserve this hotel for her special day. We immediately began working with Bebe Miller, Director of Catering, and shortly thereafter we started working with Bethe Brekke, Senior Sales Manager. Trust me, from the start, these ladies were on their “A game” and they represented your establishment extremely well throughout the entire year. Their every action showed us that they cared about her and her special day. They showed us that they wanted to make sure her day was memorable and that she got just what she wanted. My daughter had a vision of what she wanted her special day to be like and because of these ladies’ professionalism and expertise, we got it. They did everything within their power to make sure that the hotel delivered, either meeting or exceeding our needs. Because of the nature of the planning we spent far more time with Bebe during the year. No matter when we called, e-mailed, or wanted to meet with her, she was there. Her responses and/or recommendations were always prompt, accommodating, well thought out, and consistently showed that customers came first with her. Bottom line, Bebe and Bethe were OUTSTANDING professionals and we could not have gotten through everything we did at your facility without their guidance, support, and expertise.

Additionally, my daughter and I are extremely detailed oriented when it comes to things that are important in our lives. During the weekend of the wedding and especially the wedding day itself everything went off without a hitch. Things went so smoothly, we couldn’t believe it! We kept waiting for “it” to happen. However, there weren’t any major surprises and we never had to go to Plan B. Your staff was exceptional. In addition to Bebe and Bethe, we want to commend Alberto Trevizo, Director of Banquets; Julie Hyde, Banquet Captain; Kenny Johnson, Executive Chef; Melissa McBean, Front Office Manager; Shirlyne Joseph, Assistant Front Office Manager; Tracey Vaughn-Perfetti, Convention Services Manager; Charlotte Johnston, Sales Assistant; and Stephanie Steinberg, Catering Assistant. I also want to commend Vernon Coates, the Bellman who was on duty the night we checked into the hotel. He was very helpful and very customer focused. While not a hotel employee, we also want to commend Brett Nix, Director, Event Technology – PSAV, for his expert advice and for helping to ensure we had the ambiance my daughter expected in the ballroom during the wedding ceremony and the reception. He clearly understood what she wanted as far as the lighting was concerned, and more importantly, he delivered.

I mentioned Julie Hyde and Kenny Johnson above. However, I must single them out for a special commendation. They also get customer service. Julie attended to our every need that night and she helped make sure our guests felt special. As busy as she was, she was never flustered nor did ever stop smiling. She was superb! Kenny Johnson is outstanding! Not only was his food delicious, he also listened to us. He took time from his busy schedule to make sure he fully understood what we wanted and how we wanted it. The presentation was great and our guests truly enjoyed their meals that evening.

So, as you can see, we are happy customers. I could go on, but I won’t. I will close by simply reiterating that the Sheraton Columbia Town Center fulfilled our every need for Dionne’s wedding. The location was great, the staff was exceptional, the teamwork/partnership was superb, and our guest are still talking about that wedding. They could not get over how beautiful the ballroom was and how quickly it had been transformed from one look during the wedding ceremony to an entirely different look during the reception. Your staff worked closely with our external vendors to make this happen in less than an hour. We appreciate the teamwork.

Ms. Gallagher and Mr. Biggar, we are extremely pleased and wanted you to know this. Please pass on our heartfelt thanks to your entire staff at the Sheraton Columbia Town Center.

• Stayed September 2010
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

While waiting for a business meeting in one of the conference spaces at the Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, LA McKnight was great. He was very pleasant in directing me to the conference space. Additionally, he consistently provided friendly and timely service when various questions were posed. He is a great symbol of the type of top-quality services one can expect at Sherton.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
oaydin, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2011
I thank you for sharing your experience so that others can also see it. Thank you for recognizing LA as well. He is certainly one of our super stars and I will ensure that he gets recognized for exceeding your expectations.

We look forward to seeing you again in near future.

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

The hotel staff is friendly, especially L.A., at the front desk. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the hotel is in a prime location in downtown Columbia with free parking and access to the mall and a dozen restaurants. Great location for casual Sunday brunch or a business meeting.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
I appreciate you taking time to reflect your overall experience at our hotel and sharing it with other viewers as well. Also thank you for recognizing LA. I will ensure that he gets recognized for a job well done.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again.

Best regards,

Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

I've had a short stay at this hotel, and everything was OK, the room was really spacious, not very modern though. There a few good restaurants in the area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback as we appreciate it very much. It was our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

My best regards,

Orkun Aydin

Been to Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel? Share your experiences!