“My hotel of choice in Columbia, MD” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Tucson, Arizona
“My hotel of choice in Columbia, MD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

The Wednesday Managers Reception is always the highlight of my stay. Adam, the General Manager, empowers his staff to ensure that your stay is the "best that it can be", without exception.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
rlubinski, Marketing Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, June 18, 2010
Thank you for making Hilton Columbia your preferred hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

I have worked with many sales and catering reps over the last few months and Janet has been the most helpful and most amazing. I can't believe how easy it was to book my meeting and get things scheduled. I will schedule all of my future meetings as this hotel when in the Baltimore area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel with some friends this past weekend. This is the second year that we stayed and we will definitely be back again next year. The rooms were clean, bright and roomy. They had a Jazz Band playing at the bar on Friday night and we were lucky enough to catch the last half hour...they were very good. The staff at this hotel are always professional and personable. We remembered Pamela (front desk) from last year. She is excellent at what she does....we look forward to seeing her again next year. Barry (engineer) was also very gracious...he took us to Wine in the Woods in the shuttle and picked us up too. The hotel is in a great location and is closed to the mall too. See you all next May!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
rlubinski, Marketing Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, May 18, 2010
Thanks for choosing Hilton Columbia! We are pleased to know your stay was enjoyable, and we certainly look forward to seeing you again next May!
Olney, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

From the moment we entered Columbia Hilton to the exit of our last guest the enitre staff was professional, polite, polished & attentive to any & all needs of our guests. The ambiance & layout of the Ballroom was the perfect setting for our event as I'm sure for every event held in that location. No one in the back of the room or in the front of the room or behind a pole or next to the Rest Rooms (as we have experieced elsewhere). Excellent engineering of the layout. The linens were perfect & coordinated with our theme. Then there was the food-oh how wonderful was the food? I will try to tell you. Every chaffing dish contained a culinary delight (thank you to Chef Wilfredo) but I must admit that the Prime Rib (carved generously & expertly by Sam) was (and has been in the past) my favorite. All of the above came together because of the expertise of the Catering Director Ms. Janet Praid. It was obvious to us all that the staff of Hilton of Columbia under the direction of Ms. Praid are proud to be a part of the Hilton Family. I know that ANY gathering that I have will be held at Hilton Columbia. THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!

• Stayed April 2010
Columbia, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

Our daughter's shower, rehearsal dinner and wedding/reception were held at The Hilton in Columbia, MD. All details were seen to and we were treated very well. Excellent service from top to bottom. We also had several family members and friends stay at The Hilton all were very happy with their accommodations.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
rlubinski, Marketing Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, May 14, 2010
Congratulations to your daughter, and thank you for choosing Hilton Columbia. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!
Baltimore, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

After my experience with staying at this Hilton, I am beginning to completely question whether I should stay in the Hilton HHonors program. I thought the St. Louis Hilton across from the airport was a dicey experience (despite being made famous in the movie "Up in the Air"), but the Hilton Columbia just jumped to the front of the pack.

I didn't realize that hotels still allowed smoking rooms and non-smoking rooms to share the same floor, but the Hilton Columbia doesn't seem to mind! The best part is the smoking rooms were lined up on the hallway the elevator served, so the smoke permeated and followed me all the way to my room in the non-smoking wing. It was all I could do to max out the fan speed in my ANTIQUATED, 1977 in-room AC unit to try and push the foul air back into the hallway.

I realize I sound like I am nitpicking, but when you travel as much as I do, these seemingly small things, "...keep my world in orbit," as George Clooney says in the above movie. And frankly, because I am beginning to see a bad and inconsistent pattern in Hilton "flagship" hotels, I am thinking of switching brands.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

The hotel location was perfect for our visits. The entrance was grand, as was the lobby. The staff was friendly and helpful. When we entered the room we felt very comfortable, everything was very clean and orderly. We went down to the bar and were imeditately asked for our order. The pool and spa were very nice but will have to till the next time to enjoy them. The resturant looked very clean and the staff was eager to serve. I would most diffently recommend this hotel to a friend or family.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
rlubinski, Marketing Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, May 5, 2010
Thank you for choosing Hilton Columbia, we value your business and we appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia? Share your experiences!