“Great hotel, great staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #5 of 12 hotels in Columbia
Houston, United States
“Great hotel, great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I attended a high-school reunion this past weekend and we all stayed at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Everything was clean and smelt nice. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and will definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

323 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Winston Salem, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Doubletree by Hilton was by far the best hotel I've ever stayed in. The staff were absolutely wonderful, kind and helpful. Rooms were great!! Restaurant and room service food was EXCELLENT. You can't go wrong here for the price. Excellent value.

Hurlock, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Westayed in the Columbia Doubletree for the Queen concert and were disappointed. The front desk staff are relatively polite but not friendly. You should not expect a "Good morning", a smile or a "How are you?" Apparently, the hotel business is an extremely serious business at this location. For example, when I checked in, I asked the front desk attendant when the complimentary coffee in the morning would end. I was rewarded with a shrug of the shoulders and an unconcerned "I don't know." In addition, I was more than slightly appalled to have a bird's eye view of the many tables in the lobby area as the glass elevator ascended to our hotel floor. The tables were covered, and I mean COVERED, with fingerprints and handprints. It looked like a classroom of kindergartner shad been playing arts and crafts. It looked like the tables had not been cleaned in at least a week. Then, I thought philosophically, it might have been a busy Sunday and they would be cleaned during the course of the evening. Still, when I returned at midnight, the tables were the same, as they were the next morning at 9 am. So, with two small children, that made me wonder about the general cleanliness overall. In addition the pool floor was dirty, and the coffee bar ran out of sugar at 8:45 in the morning. I asked at the front desk if there was any more and I was told that the hotel was out of sugar, and that I would have to go into the restaurant to get packets if I wanted them.
I don't know. There just didn't seem to be much service here. I would never come back again. My husband and I are Hilton Vacation Club owners, have Hilton Amer. Ex. Cards, participate in Hilton Honors points, and always stay at Hilton hotels. This IS, however, our first venture to a Doubletree. I know it will be our last.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This was our second visit to the hotel because the first experience was so good. We liked the hotel and its staff of professionals. The hotel was clean, bright and welcomng. The only concern we had on the second visit was that we were assigned a room at the very end of the second floor and that can be a problem for seniors with baggage. Other wise I rated it as a great hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Hurlock, MD, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Horrible service. Barry was the ONLY person who showed any caring or offered any help at all. All tables in the atrium area were filthy. THe main downstairs restroom was closed and I had to use the bathroom in the pool area. The hotel ran out of sugar and they do NOT offer a free breakfast, so why they ran out, who knows. When we asked for sugar, we were told to ask at the hotel restaurant (who became mad at us for asking). The four of us checked in and were given 2 bottles of water and 2 cookies. When my wife asked for another bottle of water, she was told that they were for sale. She felt like she may have been about to have a seizure, but, as usual, an older, male stafff could have cared less - not at all hospitable or friendly. Never coming here again!

Frostburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

From the moment you step into this beautifully furnished hotel, you are treated like family. The front desk staff was very helpful. The room was great - bed very comfortable. Room was quiet. Complimentary shuttle service to Merriweather Post Pavilion was an added bonus. We didn't have to worry about driving over. Our driver, Barry, who also checked us in was very funny and even played music from the band we were seeing. The complimentary tea and coffee bar was awesome. Great hotel!!! Great price!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here this past weekend for a concert at Meriwether Post Pavilion. The room was very spacious and clean. Bedding was fresh and crisp and the mattresses and pillows were very comfortable. The bathtub in our room (358) was very slippery. It appears the non slip surface has worn off. We advised the front desk at checkout so hopefully that will be fixed. Suggestion for housekeeping manager....Please advise your housecleaning staff not to yell at each other down the hallways while they are cleaning rooms. It's quite loud. It didn't disturb me as I was already up, but I remember thinking that if anyone was trying to rest during the day it was not going to happen. The staff really was a bright point of this stay. My first interaction was with Shantel at the front desk. My original flight was cancelled and I had to catch a flight that got me in 4 hours early. With no sleep, I called and asked if we could check in early at 10:00am. She checked and said..."I know you are tired. I have a bed for you. Come on." What a way to make me feel welcome! The shuttle to and from the concert is a great service. Barry was a lot of fun getting us to and from. And the bar stayed open until 1:00am...two hours late...for us to enjoy after the show. Overall a great stay and would recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia? Share your experiences!