“awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
felton, United States
“awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

this was a great hotel, staff went out of their way to help us, bed was awesome, price was good. highly recommended. we were in town for a friends wedding and the staff took us there in a shuttle so we did not have to take a cab. the room was clean and easy to find. the room was a great size and it had internet and tv with a guide for the channels, we loved it we would stay here again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Tammi M,
Thank you very much for the very kind review. Come back and see us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
COLUMBIA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is my home away from home. A place of friendly faces and relaxation. This has been my spot for when I was going through school, excellent place for business and leisure time. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for relaxation, or quiet time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Tonya E,
Thank you for the kind and heartfelt review. We are always striving for the hotel to feel like your home away from home. Take care and we will see you soon.
Mechanicsburg PA, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The location of this hotel is excellent for the Columbia area and if attending concerts at the Merriweather Post Pavillion. It is also very close to a large shopping mall. I only stayed one night and the air conditioning unit was really loud and annoyed me all through the night. Otherwise it is a very nice hotel and I would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Sandra C,
I am very sorry that our air conditioning unit forced your stay to not be perfect. We are continuing to replace units that are noisy. I am always on the hunt for new technology that will make each room comfortable and noise free. Please come back and give us another try the next time you are in the area. Thank you and take care
Elkton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Just got back from the Doubletree in Columbia, Md what a nice time. Went with three of my girlfriends for my birthday. We were greeted with a warm cookie, which was wonderful. Our room was clean and had everything we needed, refrig,microwave, hairdryer, coffee pot, etc. We loved the shuttle that took us to the concert at Merriweather Post Pavillion and also pick us up at 11:00 and took us back to the hotel. What a GREAT service!!! The area was lovely and we always felt very safe. The only reason I didn't give a 5 rating was we did not have enough towels and we did run out of toilet paper. Which we call the front dest and they did send it right up.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear cpsmile,
Sounds like you had a great birthday! I am happy that we could help make it a special time. I am sorry that you ran out of supplies in your room, but am happy that we responded in quick order. Come back next year and hopefully there will be a show you can attend. Happy Birthday and take care.
Salt Lake City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

What a great experience - ease of set up, pretty location, and everything was ordered and executed as requested. The buffet meal was fresh and delicious. We also enjoyed the walking trails close by for some fresh air!!!! A great opportunity to get outside for a little while and we felt safe the entire time. Seeing deer as we walked was a bonus!

Dear Sharon S,
Thank you very much for the nice review. The entire staff is happy that your event was executed perfectly. That is what we strive to do everyday. Thanks again and take care.
Delanco, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I am a Hilton Diamond Club member and stay in Hilton Hotels at least 2 days a week all along the East Coast. This DoubleTree is by far my favorite of them all. The rooms are always spotless, beds always clean and super comfortable, which is most important to me being on the road so often and needing a good nights rest.

The great thing about Hilton Hotels is that this case almost everywhere I stay. But what puts this Hotel on top of every other is the CUSTOMER SERVICE. Every single time I check in to this DoubleTree I get a warm reception by all. Everyone who works here is polite, friendly and seems to love what they do. How many places these days could you say that???
I wanted to take time to thank everyone who works at this location. The Breakfast buffet is a great start to the day, again with wonderful service and they have a really nice workout room and Jacuzzi/pool.

It always seems much easier for customers to complain about service, rather than give a compliment when one is due. And trust me at this location, one absolutely is due.

I especially want to thank Shawn for his incredible Customer Service. He has always gone above and beyond to make sure I am happy with my room and overall experience at this hotel. It is very nice to see someone who truly tries to make sure your stay is the best it possibly can be each and and every time I visit. Being on the road you run into some really unmotivated, lazy, etc employees that just go thru the motions and due the bare minimum to maintain work. This could not be futher from the truth at this location. And that is the main reason I stay at this Hilton brand over the others in the area. And will be a loyal customer to this location whenever work brings me to this area.

I wish I knew everyones name to give them the credit they deserve (Norma, Barry and the great gals in the morning, sorry I start my day early), I always make sure I let them know before I check out how happy my experience has been, but this review is more for a recommendation for other "TripAdvisors'" who are looking for a wonderful hotel in the Columbia Md area and for the Manager of this fine Hotel to see how happy I am with his/her employees. And make sure they get the credit they deserve, what wonderful assets they are to this Hotel/Hilton brand. I started this acct just to write this review.

See you guys in a few days,

Brian Bailey

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Brian,
Thank you! I don't know what else to say. Awesome review. My staff is very excited. The news of your review spread like wildfire in the hotel. Again, thank you.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The hotel is very good, the staff is really nice, breakfast is not at the quality level of the rest. Just one thing to consider, do not go there if you do not have a car or you cannot use the shuttle to go were you need.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of my hotel. We are working on making our breakfast a better experience for everyone. Thank you for calling my hotel "very good". My entire staff works hard to make every guest have a great experience.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia? Share your experiences!