“Everything great except the noisy aircon” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #4 of 12 hotels in Columbia
Mechanicsburg PA, United States
“Everything great except the noisy aircon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The location of this hotel is excellent for the Columbia area and if attending concerts at the Merriweather Post Pavillion. It is also very close to a large shopping mall. I only stayed one night and the air conditioning unit was really loud and annoyed me all through the night. Otherwise it is a very nice hotel and I would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Sandra C,
I am very sorry that our air conditioning unit forced your stay to not be perfect. We are continuing to replace units that are noisy. I am always on the hunt for new technology that will make each room comfortable and noise free. Please come back and give us another try the next time you are in the area. Thank you and take care

335 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Elkton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Just got back from the Doubletree in Columbia, Md what a nice time. Went with three of my girlfriends for my birthday. We were greeted with a warm cookie, which was wonderful. Our room was clean and had everything we needed, refrig,microwave, hairdryer, coffee pot, etc. We loved the shuttle that took us to the concert at Merriweather Post Pavillion and also pick us up at 11:00 and took us back to the hotel. What a GREAT service!!! The area was lovely and we always felt very safe. The only reason I didn't give a 5 rating was we did not have enough towels and we did run out of toilet paper. Which we call the front dest and they did send it right up.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear cpsmile,
Sounds like you had a great birthday! I am happy that we could help make it a special time. I am sorry that you ran out of supplies in your room, but am happy that we responded in quick order. Come back next year and hopefully there will be a show you can attend. Happy Birthday and take care.
Salt Lake City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

What a great experience - ease of set up, pretty location, and everything was ordered and executed as requested. The buffet meal was fresh and delicious. We also enjoyed the walking trails close by for some fresh air!!!! A great opportunity to get outside for a little while and we felt safe the entire time. Seeing deer as we walked was a bonus!

Dear Sharon S,
Thank you very much for the nice review. The entire staff is happy that your event was executed perfectly. That is what we strive to do everyday. Thanks again and take care.
Delanco, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I am a Hilton Diamond Club member and stay in Hilton Hotels at least 2 days a week all along the East Coast. This DoubleTree is by far my favorite of them all. The rooms are always spotless, beds always clean and super comfortable, which is most important to me being on the road so often and needing a good nights rest.

The great thing about Hilton Hotels is that this case almost everywhere I stay. But what puts this Hotel on top of every other is the CUSTOMER SERVICE. Every single time I check in to this DoubleTree I get a warm reception by all. Everyone who works here is polite, friendly and seems to love what they do. How many places these days could you say that???
I wanted to take time to thank everyone who works at this location. The Breakfast buffet is a great start to the day, again with wonderful service and they have a really nice workout room and Jacuzzi/pool.

It always seems much easier for customers to complain about service, rather than give a compliment when one is due. And trust me at this location, one absolutely is due.

I especially want to thank Shawn for his incredible Customer Service. He has always gone above and beyond to make sure I am happy with my room and overall experience at this hotel. It is very nice to see someone who truly tries to make sure your stay is the best it possibly can be each and and every time I visit. Being on the road you run into some really unmotivated, lazy, etc employees that just go thru the motions and due the bare minimum to maintain work. This could not be futher from the truth at this location. And that is the main reason I stay at this Hilton brand over the others in the area. And will be a loyal customer to this location whenever work brings me to this area.

I wish I knew everyones name to give them the credit they deserve (Norma, Barry and the great gals in the morning, sorry I start my day early), I always make sure I let them know before I check out how happy my experience has been, but this review is more for a recommendation for other "TripAdvisors'" who are looking for a wonderful hotel in the Columbia Md area and for the Manager of this fine Hotel to see how happy I am with his/her employees. And make sure they get the credit they deserve, what wonderful assets they are to this Hotel/Hilton brand. I started this acct just to write this review.

See you guys in a few days,

Brian Bailey

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Brian,
Thank you! I don't know what else to say. Awesome review. My staff is very excited. The news of your review spread like wildfire in the hotel. Again, thank you.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The hotel is very good, the staff is really nice, breakfast is not at the quality level of the rest. Just one thing to consider, do not go there if you do not have a car or you cannot use the shuttle to go were you need.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of my hotel. We are working on making our breakfast a better experience for everyone. Thank you for calling my hotel "very good". My entire staff works hard to make every guest have a great experience.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I spent several days at the DoubleTree last week and overall was pleased. Has great bathrooms, good TV channel coverage, free for guests WiFi and overall is a nice property. The location is a bit obscure so make sure you've printed out a map as my driver's GPS took us the wrong place.

The only thing I could ding them for is a very minuscule bar menu -- when you arrive from afar the last thing one wants to do is to have to get back in car in search of food. Whilst the menu is limited in choices, their Cheeseburger is very tasty!

Nice friendly staff across the board. Would stay there again!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the side where the main road is as they can be noisy overnight...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear S6blr,
I appreciate you taking the time to review my hotel. The last thing we want is for you to get back in your car and look for food. We have been working on a new bar menu that will appeal to a greater audience. Thank you for your kind words about the hotel and hope to see you back soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Very nice stay in Columbia, Md, to see a show at Merriweather Post. Property is about a 10 minute drive from venue. Hotel is visible from main road but not well marked on the street where it is located. Hotel very clean and welcoming. It appears recently renovated.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hope you had fun at the show. Next time, use our free shuttle to the venue. It is a lot easier then parking. Thank you for the kind words and look forward to your next visit.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia? Share your experiences!