“Good hotel, needs a bit of review of bar menu..” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
London, United Kingdom
“Good hotel, needs a bit of review of bar menu..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I spent several days at the DoubleTree last week and overall was pleased. Has great bathrooms, good TV channel coverage, free for guests WiFi and overall is a nice property. The location is a bit obscure so make sure you've printed out a map as my driver's GPS took us the wrong place.

The only thing I could ding them for is a very minuscule bar menu -- when you arrive from afar the last thing one wants to do is to have to get back in car in search of food. Whilst the menu is limited in choices, their Cheeseburger is very tasty!

Nice friendly staff across the board. Would stay there again!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the side where the main road is as they can be noisy overnight...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear S6blr,
I appreciate you taking the time to review my hotel. The last thing we want is for you to get back in your car and look for food. We have been working on a new bar menu that will appeal to a greater audience. Thank you for your kind words about the hotel and hope to see you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Very nice stay in Columbia, Md, to see a show at Merriweather Post. Property is about a 10 minute drive from venue. Hotel is visible from main road but not well marked on the street where it is located. Hotel very clean and welcoming. It appears recently renovated.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hope you had fun at the show. Next time, use our free shuttle to the venue. It is a lot easier then parking. Thank you for the kind words and look forward to your next visit.
Philadelpha, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My Family Reunion was held in Columbia, MD & we stayed at the Doubletree in Columbia & I give this place "5 stars!" Excellent service, beautiful room, food in the in-house restaurant was amazing! I highly recommended this place!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear SharylM,
Everyone at the hotel is very happy that you enjoyed your family reunion. Thank you so much for your awesome review. Hope to see you next year.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there after a concert. Went to the bar for a night cap and ordered 2 beers and 3 shots. Paid the bill and was charge for 6 beers and 6 shots. Asked for my money back and was told that they couldn't. Caused a scene and the bartender shoved more alcohol at me telling me to be quiet. He didn't want a scene cause he knew he was busted. Was escorted to my room where I was awoken by police 2 hrs later telling me to leave. Apparently there was aome noise on our floor, so it had to be me. With no warning or reason why i was told to leave. They know they have a noise issue. The bartender ahould if been fired but instead i was arrested since i would not leave. Very unprofessional.

Stayed May 2013
Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Shoreboy83,
I am sorry that you feel this way. If you would like to discuss further, please call me at 443-539-1101.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We recently had our 50th anniversary party at this hotel. They have a lovely party room on the main floor, a very spacious lobby area, and an ample, accessible parking lot. The room was decorated beautifully. All of our specifications for placement of tables, slide show, etc. were met. We used their built in sound-system for our dance music to avoid renting speakers and everything worked perfectly. There was plenty of room for the non-dancers to gather in conversation without speakers blaring and yet the music was loud enough to be heard on the dance floor. In addition, the food was outstanding. One of the children commented: "This is the best fish I have ever eaten!" We looked at several places before we chose this one and I recommend that you look no further. The staff are friendly and very easy to work with. We had some scheduling issues to work through initially, and Betty, the event planner, worked with us to resolve the issue to our satisfaction, in addition to meeting with us several times for planning purposes. In addition, we felt that the prices were quite reasonable. I strongly recommend using this hotel for your next event. Look no further!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Peggy70,
We are all thrilled that you enjoyed your anniversary party. I am happy to see that one of your guests said, "this is the best fish I have ever eaten". That comment is a great compliment to Chef Jim. Thank you very much for the kind review and look forward to your return.
Troy, Michigan, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

While I was checking in, I mentioned I was meeting a friend from back home and heading to dinner. I asked if there was any place "unique" in the region, and SHAWN recommended The Kings Contrivance, a restaurant worked into an old mansion. He hit a home-run with that suggestion, and I appreciate his input.

Otherwise, the rooms were good, quiet, and I was able to sleep with the good blinds on the windows. Breakfast was very good, as Doubletree's usually provide.

When staying in Columbia, head to the Doubletree!

Room Tip: If you're traveling with kids, go for the first floor. The pool is that much closer for them :)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear KStebleton,
Thank you for the great review. You are correct, Shawn is very good at getting people to the right place based on their needs. I will make sure he sees this review. Thanks again for enjoying your stay with us.
Columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

It wa a very nice hotel. Pool and hot tube very good. It had a sauna. They gave my daughter and I a freshly baked cookie when we checked in. The internet access was good, when it worked; it kept kicking my daughter off the wifi. The hotel was easy to find and could see from the main road. The staff was very nice, helpful, and welcoming. I would stay there again if I was in that area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Rose D,
Thank you for your review of my hotel. I am sorry that your daughter kept getting kicked off of the wireless internet connection. We recently installed an entire new system, tripled our bandwidth and doubled our hot spots. I am going to take your issue to my IT folks and get that situation fixed. Please come back and see us again.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia? Share your experiences!