“My Dream Wedding at Doubletree” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
DC Mama
“My Dream Wedding at Doubletree”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The DT was an excellent choice for our wedding! We met with Betty Ackam who guided us through the entire experience, all the way to the end of the wedding. I am a very detailed oriented person and Betty understood this immediately and accommodated all of my needs. She is professional, friendly and very organized. The hotel is beautiful and clean as well as affordable for events and guests. The entrance and atrium has been redesigned beautifully. In fact, we had our cocktail hour there and it was gorgeous. The banquet rooms accommodated a place for the ceremony and a larger room for the reception. It was perfect for our 80 guests, dj setup, photo booth, candy table, brownie bar and large kids activity table.The staff were friendly and attentive, especially the front desk staff. The sleeping rooms were exquisitely redesigned to give a spa-like atmosphere. Every minute was perfection!

Room Tip: Dont let the rooms facing the atrium scare you. There was absolutely no noise. Service in the bar co...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Deat Pastasmom,
Thank you for all your kind words. We loved having your event here. I am thrilled it went off without a hitch and your are correct, Betty is awesome. Thanks again for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Albany, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The hotel was very clean, bed comfortable the staff very nice and helpful. I will defintiely stay at the Double Tree again. Actually,I stay at the Double Tree in Nyack NY last Thanksgiving and was truly impress that time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Sharon C,
Thank you for your kind review. I am always very happy when someone says my hotel was "very clean". It is important to me that the hotel is spotless. Keep trying other DoubleTree by Hilton hotels around the country, each one has it's own character and personality. Come see us again as soon as possible.
Columbia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

There was a hole in the ceiling where the lobby meets the restaurant. There were several buckets and a small flow of water pouring from the hole. Disgusting. The ac in the hallway near my suite was very cold and uncomfortable when leaving and entereing the room. The pool was very nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valerie H,
I am so sorry that you did not have a good stay with us. Unfortunately, we got a pinhole leak in a cooper pipe and we're in the midst of repairing it. I hope that the next time you are in the area, you give us another try. I know you will have a much better stay.
Timberville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The Double Tree is a high class excellant place to stay! The hotel was next door to the place of our educational conference, very convenient, extremely clean, and quiet. I enjoyed the cookies and fruit as well!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Timothy H,
Thank you for your very nice review. Please come see us again the next time you are attending a conference.
South Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Was in the area attending The Capital Jazz Festival...Our accommodations were great and offering shuttle service to and from the festival was a major plus...The only sugesstion I have is to spell out what entails with the breakfast deal (if that included in one's accommodations) to spell out what is or isn't included and the time breakfast is served...Kudos to Barry and rest of staff.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear NorShari,
Thank you for your very nice review. I always have wondered why more people don't take advantage of our shuttle service to shows. I will make sure that we are clearer on what is included in our breakfast packages. Thank you for recognizing my staff. Take care and we will see you again next June.
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I loved it here. The rooms are clean, and the front office staff is incredibly nice and helpful. The buffet breakfast is pretty good and the bar is nice. Overall I had a great stay in the plush comfortable beds but what drove me to write this review is the exceptional above and beyond effort by the front office; particularly Barry.

I had decided last minute to propose to my girlfriend and called down from the room asking for help. Barry immediately took it upon himself to help me as much as he possibly could. He proceeded to get my cell phone number as we were heading out for the evening. I don't know how he did it, but he managed to decorate the room with rose petals, keeping updated the whole time via text and even sending me pictures. He got house keeping to clean up and even had the bar bring up a fin bottle of champagne that was waiting when we got back.

My girlfriend was pleasantly surprised and said yes. The staff here definitely left their mark on that special day and I highly recommend this hotel not just for the facilities, but also for the amazing staff that works there.

Thanks for reading

Eze O

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Congratulations on your engagement! I am thrilled that Barry could help you make it such a special day. Make sure you come talk to us about hosting your wedding. Again, congratulations!
Bellefonte, PA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The double tree is very clean, warm, and welcoming. Love the comfortable beds, spacious rooms, and indoor pool and hot tub. The warm cookies are great! Missed the fresh fruit sitting out this time. Great shopping just a mile up the road and excellent restaurants there! 15 min. from Fort Meade.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Theresa F,
Thank you for the very nice review of my hotel. I hope you come back soon to see us.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia? Share your experiences!