“Great Stay for the Jazz Festival Weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #4 of 12 hotels in Columbia
South Jersey
“Great Stay for the Jazz Festival Weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Was in the area attending The Capital Jazz Festival...Our accommodations were great and offering shuttle service to and from the festival was a major plus...The only sugesstion I have is to spell out what entails with the breakfast deal (if that included in one's accommodations) to spell out what is or isn't included and the time breakfast is served...Kudos to Barry and rest of staff.

• Stayed June 2013
Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear NorShari,
Thank you for your very nice review. I always have wondered why more people don't take advantage of our shuttle service to shows. I will make sure that we are clearer on what is included in our breakfast packages. Thank you for recognizing my staff. Take care and we will see you again next June.

338 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I loved it here. The rooms are clean, and the front office staff is incredibly nice and helpful. The buffet breakfast is pretty good and the bar is nice. Overall I had a great stay in the plush comfortable beds but what drove me to write this review is the exceptional above and beyond effort by the front office; particularly Barry.

I had decided last minute to propose to my girlfriend and called down from the room asking for help. Barry immediately took it upon himself to help me as much as he possibly could. He proceeded to get my cell phone number as we were heading out for the evening. I don't know how he did it, but he managed to decorate the room with rose petals, keeping updated the whole time via text and even sending me pictures. He got house keeping to clean up and even had the bar bring up a fin bottle of champagne that was waiting when we got back.

My girlfriend was pleasantly surprised and said yes. The staff here definitely left their mark on that special day and I highly recommend this hotel not just for the facilities, but also for the amazing staff that works there.

Thanks for reading

Eze O

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Congratulations on your engagement! I am thrilled that Barry could help you make it such a special day. Make sure you come talk to us about hosting your wedding. Again, congratulations!
Bellefonte, PA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The double tree is very clean, warm, and welcoming. Love the comfortable beds, spacious rooms, and indoor pool and hot tub. The warm cookies are great! Missed the fresh fruit sitting out this time. Great shopping just a mile up the road and excellent restaurants there! 15 min. from Fort Meade.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Theresa F,
Thank you for the very nice review of my hotel. I hope you come back soon to see us.
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This DoubleTree is certainly visually appealing, and the bar and restaurant are good, but the management needs to be a bit more detail-oriented, because it's the little things that combine to disappoint the customers. It shouldn't take four calls and a visit to the front desk to get an ironing board (but thank you for the subsequent gestures). If the law in the location of the hotel says no smoking within 15 feet of an entrance, there shouldn't be an ashtray right outside the entrance. No one should have to pass a gauntlet of disgusting cigarette smoke to get into our out of the hotel. Training of new employees should not get in the way of a customer who needs to go get some breakfast so he can catch the shuttle (which I missed, and it was late for work, took 30 minutes to call a cab which didn't come and then had to take the shuttle). Young afternoon shuttle drivers should not SPEED, or ride up onto curbs when making turns just because they are in a hurry, and should not spend their time either on the phone while driving or running at the mouth badmouthing the management of the hotel because they don't particularly like what they are doing -- twice! That is extremely unprofessional. I'm not sure I would come back here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Juan J,
You are correct. My staff and I should be more detail oriented. We can not get better if guests don't tell me all the things I need to improve on. I have taken your comments very seriously and have made some significant to help improve the guest experience. I hope you give us another chance the next time you are in the area.
Chicago, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Attended a wedding at this hotel and stayed two nights. Wedding was beautiful, staff was great, rooms were great, food was great. No complaints. We would definitely stay here again. Close to retaurants and shops. Brunched at Clyde's right down the street. Good time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Mary B,
Thank you for your review. You said all the things I hoped you would say, "staff was great, rooms were great and food was great" Please come back and see us.
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Amiable and enthusiastic service, warm cookies, free internet, and fluffy bedding. What more could one ask for in a short hotel stay? The hotel selection for out of town wedding guests, the Double Tree in Columbia met most of my needs. It is located in a business district, and a car is almost required to visit any fun/tourist destinations. Luckily, I had rented a car and could get up to Baltimore pretty easily. Barry at the front desk was outstanding. He became my best friend in less than 24 hours! He was friendly and made recommendations for food and things to see and do in nearby Baltimore. This hotel was nearly perfect for my one-night stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Jessica R,
You are right, Barry does rock. I am very lucky to have him. Thank you for the kind review and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Douglasville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The price was steep for one night but the place was very nice. The room was nice and comfortable,staff was welcoming and pleasant. The lobby decor was beautiful.....great stay! Wish I could have stayed longer. Would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family. Also the location was great for places to eat,shop etc...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Bridget C,
Thank you for the very nice review of my hotel. I hope that you tell everyone you know about your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia. Come back and see us again as soon as possible. Thank you

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia? Share your experiences!