“Barry at the front desk rocks!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #4 of 12 hotels in Columbia
United States
“Barry at the front desk rocks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Amiable and enthusiastic service, warm cookies, free internet, and fluffy bedding. What more could one ask for in a short hotel stay? The hotel selection for out of town wedding guests, the Double Tree in Columbia met most of my needs. It is located in a business district, and a car is almost required to visit any fun/tourist destinations. Luckily, I had rented a car and could get up to Baltimore pretty easily. Barry at the front desk was outstanding. He became my best friend in less than 24 hours! He was friendly and made recommendations for food and things to see and do in nearby Baltimore. This hotel was nearly perfect for my one-night stay.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Jessica R,
You are right, Barry does rock. I am very lucky to have him. Thank you for the kind review and look forward to seeing you again soon.

268 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Douglasville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The price was steep for one night but the place was very nice. The room was nice and comfortable,staff was welcoming and pleasant. The lobby decor was beautiful.....great stay! Wish I could have stayed longer. Would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family. Also the location was great for places to eat,shop etc...

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Bridget C,
Thank you for the very nice review of my hotel. I hope that you tell everyone you know about your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia. Come back and see us again as soon as possible. Thank you
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed here because of a triathlon near by the next morning. Was just looking for a place to sleep the night before and then shower after the race the next day. The staff was polite and nice enough to give us an extra late check out with no fee so we could come back and clean up before a long drive home. The hotel was clean, the beds were comfortable. The problem is that the rooms face the lobby and that makes for a very noisy experience. Even with ear plugs I could hear the party downstairs all night long and then the guests stumbling to their rooms once the party was over in the wee hours of the morning. Comfortable, but noisy.

columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

very very nice hotel! clean rooms, friendly and accommodating staff and super amenities including pool, Jacuzzi, business centers, morgan restauants. The location was very central, minutes from columbia mall and other shopping centers

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We appreciate your review. Please tell all your fiends about us. We are looking forward to seeing you again.
Charlotte, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The hotel staff was WONDERFUL!!! I received a warm greeting every time I entered and exited the hotel and I enjoyed the warm cookie every time! The wait staff was excellent also and I really enjoyed every meal! The fitness center was very nice and clean! Honestly, the service, the food and the cleanliness of the hotel and my room could not get any better! Oh yes, the security guard was very pleasant and she took the time to show me the location of the fitness area! I will stay in this location each time I travel in the area for business! Thank you so much for the people you have in the Columbia Maryland location! They made the experience completely memorable!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Carla B,
Thank you so much for the kind words in your review. We believe our building is great, but we pride ourselves on our service. I will share your review with the entire staff and hope you come back to see us soon.
Madison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel on Numerous occassions while visiting our children and grandson in Columbia Maryland. The staff has always been exceptional. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. It is also convenient to downtown Baltiomore/The Inner harbour or the Airport, The Wine in The Woods annual event and the Preakness at Pimlico race Track. We continue to stay at this location because of their consistency with what matters withan overnight stay. Plus the warm cookies upon arrival are a bonus :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from elevator,first floor if you like and you can request a room with microwave...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mark B,
I appreciate the time you spent writing a review about my hotel. You have hit on the biggest thing I remind my staff about daily, do it great and do it great consistently. We look forward to seeing you agin soon.
Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I had an excellent reception at the Double Tree Hotel in Columbia Maryland. The desk clerk was very charming and very welcoming. She also seemed to be very happy at her job. The hotel is about 200 yards away from where I was going to have a meeting the following day and staying there was quite convenient for me but being such a good hotel with clean surroundings and a computer room to help check my emails made it quite excellent indeed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Dear William O,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on my hotel. I am thrilled that you liked the hotel and found my Front Staff to very welcoming. I hope that the next time you come to the Columbia area, you will stay with us again.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia? Share your experiences!