“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
columbia, United States
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

very very nice hotel! clean rooms, friendly and accommodating staff and super amenities including pool, Jacuzzi, business centers, morgan restauants. The location was very central, minutes from columbia mall and other shopping centers

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
We appreciate your review. Please tell all your fiends about us. We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Charlotte, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The hotel staff was WONDERFUL!!! I received a warm greeting every time I entered and exited the hotel and I enjoyed the warm cookie every time! The wait staff was excellent also and I really enjoyed every meal! The fitness center was very nice and clean! Honestly, the service, the food and the cleanliness of the hotel and my room could not get any better! Oh yes, the security guard was very pleasant and she took the time to show me the location of the fitness area! I will stay in this location each time I travel in the area for business! Thank you so much for the people you have in the Columbia Maryland location! They made the experience completely memorable!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Carla B,
Thank you so much for the kind words in your review. We believe our building is great, but we pride ourselves on our service. I will share your review with the entire staff and hope you come back to see us soon.
Madison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel on Numerous occassions while visiting our children and grandson in Columbia Maryland. The staff has always been exceptional. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. It is also convenient to downtown Baltiomore/The Inner harbour or the Airport, The Wine in The Woods annual event and the Preakness at Pimlico race Track. We continue to stay at this location because of their consistency with what matters withan overnight stay. Plus the warm cookies upon arrival are a bonus :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from elevator,first floor if you like and you can request a room with microwave...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mark B,
I appreciate the time you spent writing a review about my hotel. You have hit on the biggest thing I remind my staff about daily, do it great and do it great consistently. We look forward to seeing you agin soon.
Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I had an excellent reception at the Double Tree Hotel in Columbia Maryland. The desk clerk was very charming and very welcoming. She also seemed to be very happy at her job. The hotel is about 200 yards away from where I was going to have a meeting the following day and staying there was quite convenient for me but being such a good hotel with clean surroundings and a computer room to help check my emails made it quite excellent indeed.

Dear William O,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on my hotel. I am thrilled that you liked the hotel and found my Front Staff to very welcoming. I hope that the next time you come to the Columbia area, you will stay with us again.
Northville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

From the moment I walked into the lobby, I was welcomed by a cheery gentleman at the front desk. The lobby, newly redone was beautiful. My room was very clean, would expect nothing less from a Hilton property.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Awesome, I am very happy you liked my property. I will make sure everyone that works here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, gets to read your review. Thank you.
Oley, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were welcomed with excitement and enthusiasm, got our warm cookies and the staff was wonderful the whole time. The shuttle guys too and from the concert were awesome! Breakfast convenient, reasonable and delicious!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are continuing to add value to our guests stays each year. In-room refrigerators, better and better staff members and upgraded food and beverage choices are just a few things we are doing to make your dollar stretch a little further. Please come back again next year for the M3 Festival. We will be ready for your arrival.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is in great shape. The building is clearly much older than the decor will lead one to believe.

Price was a bit steep for the rooms ($199/$209 for two nights), but I needed a place to sleep and everything else was unavailable or too low quality for my taste.

Beds were comfortable, and room was pretty quiet despite the large number of guests who were in town for a music festival (I was not there for the music festival) and the seemingly excessive partying that was happening.

Room Tip: If you want natural light, be sure to request a room with an exterior window. We had a "courtya...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Katey J,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on my hotel. It is reviews like yours that make my hotel a better place to stay for all guests. You are correct that I have an older building, but we just spent millions of dollars to upgrade all the sleeping rooms and lobby areas. Next time you are back in the Columbia area, I hope you stay with me again. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia? Share your experiences!