“My stay at Double Tree” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 hotels in Columbia
Indiana, United States
“My stay at Double Tree”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I had an excellent reception at the Double Tree Hotel in Columbia Maryland. The desk clerk was very charming and very welcoming. She also seemed to be very happy at her job. The hotel is about 200 yards away from where I was going to have a meeting the following day and staying there was quite convenient for me but being such a good hotel with clean surroundings and a computer room to help check my emails made it quite excellent indeed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear William O,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on my hotel. I am thrilled that you liked the hotel and found my Front Staff to very welcoming. I hope that the next time you come to the Columbia area, you will stay with us again.

335 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Northville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

From the moment I walked into the lobby, I was welcomed by a cheery gentleman at the front desk. The lobby, newly redone was beautiful. My room was very clean, would expect nothing less from a Hilton property.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Awesome, I am very happy you liked my property. I will make sure everyone that works here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, gets to read your review. Thank you.
Oley, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were welcomed with excitement and enthusiasm, got our warm cookies and the staff was wonderful the whole time. The shuttle guys too and from the concert were awesome! Breakfast convenient, reasonable and delicious!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are continuing to add value to our guests stays each year. In-room refrigerators, better and better staff members and upgraded food and beverage choices are just a few things we are doing to make your dollar stretch a little further. Please come back again next year for the M3 Festival. We will be ready for your arrival.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is in great shape. The building is clearly much older than the decor will lead one to believe.

Price was a bit steep for the rooms ($199/$209 for two nights), but I needed a place to sleep and everything else was unavailable or too low quality for my taste.

Beds were comfortable, and room was pretty quiet despite the large number of guests who were in town for a music festival (I was not there for the music festival) and the seemingly excessive partying that was happening.

Room Tip: If you want natural light, be sure to request a room with an exterior window. We had a "courtya...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Katey J,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on my hotel. It is reviews like yours that make my hotel a better place to stay for all guests. You are correct that I have an older building, but we just spent millions of dollars to upgrade all the sleeping rooms and lobby areas. Next time you are back in the Columbia area, I hope you stay with me again. Again, thank you for your feedback.
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had a very nice experience at this hotel and would definitely stay here again. We had a small glitch with the battery in our door lock dying, but the hotel staff took care of it quickly and without incident.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Aaron S,
I am very sorry that the battery in your door lock went bad. We have a quarterly schedule to replace those batteries but sometimes we just get some bad ones. Again, so sorry that it happened. Please come back again, we will try very hard to make it a perfect stay.
midlothian, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Total positive experience from the front desk to the comfort of my room. Each emplpyee I came in contact with displayed themselves professionally. I found the room clean and comfortable. The food in the restroom tasty and enjoyable. I left very satisfied...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Cornelia O,
Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel. I am thrilled you had a great experience. Come back and see us again.
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

This is a relatively cheap hotel with the Hilton brand. Nice lounge, friendly staff. Rooms are clean yet dated. It's an older, renovated hotel. Not an original Doubletree. Still, can't beat the price.

• Stayed February 2013
Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for the candid review of my hotel. We are thrilled with the results of our multi-million dollar renovation that was completed last year. My staff and I look forward to your next visit.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia? Share your experiences!