“Good value for the Price.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
florida
“Good value for the Price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

This is a relatively cheap hotel with the Hilton brand. Nice lounge, friendly staff. Rooms are clean yet dated. It's an older, renovated hotel. Not an original Doubletree. Still, can't beat the price.

• Stayed February 2013
Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for the candid review of my hotel. We are thrilled with the results of our multi-million dollar renovation that was completed last year. My staff and I look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Johnson City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The front desk was great and check in was no problem at all. It was really fast and the cookie is always warm and good. You can even buy them if you ever have a craving again.

Room was clean, internet fast, bed was comfy.

No problems and no complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
As the General Manager, it makes me very happy when guests have a relaxing and uneventful stay at my hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with everyone else. I am looking forward to your next visit.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is the best hotel in Columbia, MD; I rest so well, the beds are sooooo comfortable, services were excellent, food delicious and the security and comfort was out of this world. The prices are so affordable, I felt like a queen or a superstar! And yes the infamous warm cookies they serve you upon your arrival is definitely awesome! I treated myself to the instant weekend getaway, what a treat that includes a complimentary bottle of champagne, late check out and breakfast for such a low price. I plan to return soon and I highly recommend this hotel to all, life too short, enjoy the Double Tree!

Room Tip: Suites are so worth the price, huge and complimentary taste!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear TeaJ547,
Thank you for such a nice review. Your response is what we strive for everyday. Come back and see us again soon. Some more warm cookies will be waiting for you.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Spent two nights at the Double Tree while on business, the rooms were very clean and the staff was very helpful meeting our needs.

In addition to staying overnight we also used their meeting rooms and shuttle for dinner events.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Jesse1314,
Thank you very much for the kind words about the hotel and especially about my staff. We try very hard to give every guest a great experience. We look forward to your return.
Houston, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The hotel was extremely noisy. We could hear everything in the hallway, next door, and across the hall. We hardly slept. On the other hand, the rooms are nice and spacious. The lobby is elegant, and the staff are responsive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Kawi475,
Thank you for giving me your thoughts and impressions of my hotel. Your thoughts on the noise in my hotel are very troubleing to me. We had already started to work on two different solutions to fix the noise issue. Both solutions will be in place by early summer and will help that issue. I am sorry that your stay was not a good one and I hope you give us another chance the next time you are in town.
Gary Gustafson, GM
Dover, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Our two day stay was not a very good experience. Room given away even though we got there right at check in time. When we did get a room the heating/airconditioning unit was not working correctly. No other rooms were available to to being sold out that weekend. .. The up side to our stay was the staff. They were very kind and caring, and tried their best to make us as comfortable as possible

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Melanie R,
Thank you for the kind words about my staff. We try very hard to make each and every guests stay a wonderful experience. I am very sorry that your stay was not up to your or my expectations. We made a mistake in booking the room type you requested and I apologize for that. On top of that, the HVAC system did not work properly. I hope that the next time you come back, we can provide an experience that meets your expectations.
Gary Gustafson, GM
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Full time business traveler: I read some of the other reviews and had a modest amount of concern about staying here. However, the newer reviews painted a much better picture and I opted for this location. I recommend disregarding older reviews as they don't seem to apply to the hotel as I experienced it. Doubletree Columbia is a nice hotel with overall nice decor. The 4 floor building from the outside is nothing to write home about but it certainly is not unappealing. Inside the lounge area is large and is newly decorated very nicely. I do see a few remnants of the pre-refurbished hotel in some spots but this is definitely not something that stood out as unattractive or gave me pause at all.
The room had a definite new-ish feel to it with a very comfortable bed (good pillows!), good audio/video (not a huge selection of channels though), good amount of room space, a fair amount of work space area/desk in the room and something I personally appreciate is ample power outlets at the desk and on the nights stands. The environmental controls and performance was very good. It has a very nice indoor pool/hot tub area. Parking is fairly ample. Staff was friendly and professional. The on site restaurant had a fairly nice appearance (note, I did not eat there though).
There is nothing even close to within walking distance (the hotel is tucked away from anything in what I would describe as a green business park) but there is Walgreens just around the corner (I guess you could walk there in 10 minutes). There is a nice mall at or under 10 minutes drive away. It has close, convenient freeway access (but did not have 'freeway noise' issues).
I do not have anything bad to say about the Doubletree Columbia. I don't give 5 stars except for a place that stands out as superb. While it is not the finest hotel you will ever walk into and some of the hallways had the feel of being a bit dated, I would recommend this hotel without hesitation to anyone. It is well in the ranks of the better Doubletrees I have stayed at (and I have stayed at many).

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have one window that overlooks the indoor pool/hot tub. An interesting perspective...
Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia? Share your experiences!