“Roughly typical for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Michigan
“Roughly typical for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Room was clean and reasonably sized. Having a refrigerator in the room was an unusually nice touch at this price. The bed was really strange for me - the mattress was quite firm and yet not supporting. Most hotels have soft mattresses that give me back trouble. This time my back was fine but I had great difficulty getting comfortable and falling asleep.

As promised, we were offered warm chocolate chip walnut cookies at check in, which were tasty enough. Check-in and check-out were efficient and trouble-free.

The location is a little awkward - the hotel can be seen clearly from the main road, but once you're actually on Twin Knolls, even the sign is set back so far that it's hard to see. If it wasn't for the steadfast encouragement of my GPS unit, I'd have been sure I was on the wrong road.

We were in town to visit friends and it's the only hotel in Columbia that's less than twenty minutes from their house. If another hotel in reasonable distance opened up, we'd try it. If not, we'll stay at the DoubleTree again and make do.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Allendale, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Travelled for business. Found this hotel online. Got a great rate. Conveniently located. Warmly greeted by friendly staff and choc chip cookie. Room had refrigerator, free wifi, coffee/tea maker, desk, lounge chair. There wasn't anything I was missing. Room was clean enough. Did not eat here so can not comment on restaurant. Had indoor pool (did not use) and 24 hr small fitness center with a few treadmills, ellipticals, bike, dumb bells. Not a lot of equipment but the machines were newer and good brands. Happy I chose this hotel for the price and amenities.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
LI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I recently attended a business meeting at the Doubletree in Columbia MD.. The hotel was obviously just redone. The rooms were so big and the decor was very upscale. I do not normally like atruim hotels but this lobby did not appear cold as they sometimes do. It was warm and full of people going about their business. An inviting space. I had breakfast in the dinning room. The staff could not be nicer or more accomdating. The Front Desk also. Great stay and I would recommend highly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Our suite was an interior room with no window - the only window overlooked the atrium, which itself has no windows, so there is zero natural light. To compound the problem, the ceilings are maybe seven feet high with no overhead lighting and few lamps. There does not appear to be any housekeeping staff. We asked for someone to come and make up the bed, which was unmade, and a maintenance guy came by with flat sheets, one pillow, and no blanket.

Room Tip: Ask for one with windows. Not something you would normally think to ask for!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Ella V,
I am very sorry that you did not have a good stay at my hotel. It is true that I have interior rooms that look out over my 4 story Atrium. The Atrium does have a 4 story glass wall that overlooks my pool and the outside of the hotel. This outside exposure does wash the entire Atrium with natural light. I do apologize that you needed help with your room when my housekeeping staff is at its smallest. It is our fault that your pull out sofa was not made up on your arrival. I hope on your next trip to the area, we can find you a room that suits you better. Thank you for your feedback on the property.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had such a good time that we did not want to leave. We looked forward to that hot buffet breakfast every morning. It was definitely a good deal to get the breakfast package with our room. We were given coupons for every morning when we checked in and the warm cookies that we received were very delicious. Our whole experience was outstanding and we will gladly r

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Windsor Mill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Excellent experience. The hotel was spotless and the customer service was top notch. The accommodation were great and I felt safe and able to relax during my stay. Try the Maryland Cream of Crab Soup and the Buffalo Wings.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The hotel has a grand presence when you enter which makes you feel as though you stepped into a resort/spa area. We were warmly greeted by the evening staff who were more than accommodating with assistance. The rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated. It was a great experience in the Columbia location. Our company will be using this hotel again to host meetings and conferences.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia? Share your experiences!