“Dynis Executive Manager” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Maryland, United States
“Dynis Executive Manager”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The hotel has a grand presence when you enter which makes you feel as though you stepped into a resort/spa area. We were warmly greeted by the evening staff who were more than accommodating with assistance. The rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated. It was a great experience in the Columbia location. Our company will be using this hotel again to host meetings and conferences.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I am one of two people that took a group that consisted of five motorcoaches to the 2013 Presidential Inaugaration. We where invited to come and veiw the property, sleep in the bed, taste the and meet the staff. From day one Micheal the hotel manager and betty made us feel like they had a bigger part than providing rooms and food for the group that we were going to bring in.Micheal and Betty offered suggestions that we used.All the way up to arrival we where in touch via e-mail and phone. Upon arrival check in went smooth except for a few rooms not being ready.However while some waited for their rooms and others waited to get checked in the cookies kept coming. The front desk was very pleasant considering the number of people they had all at once. The rooms were very spacious and clean. The breakfast was very good each morning.At no time was there a running out of food.On Inaugaration Day we had our own ball at the hotel. While we where at the inauguration the staff transitioned the attrium into ballroom fit for an after five affair.The that was served was exceptional. On the day of departure one of our motorcoaches had a problem. This delay caused us to go into the lunch hour. Anna the person in charge of catering came to me to find out if she should have the kitchen prepare lunch. She got with the kitchen and they did.The lunch they prepared was not just sandwiches it a lunch that included vegatables and salad.I have recieved many phone calls and letters stating how they enjoyed the trip and the accommodations.If I was to do it all over again I would stay here without giving a second thought to it. Also if I where to visit the area and needed a room I would choose the Columbia DoubleTree.I would highly recommend this hotel to an individual,a group, or a company,

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Starke, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I've stayed at the Doubletree in Columbia quite a few time and the Reason I keep coming back is the Staff, Their Front with Keith, Shawn , Mari and Norman have always been very attentive.
They treat people as they would like to be treated themselves . There is a Restaurant and Bar on site , Maria Is the Best! not to take anything away for Mike he does a great job as well.
It's always nice to be remembered and call be name as soon as you walk in the lobby.

The rooms are clean and the Beds a comfy .

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was on tour for the 2013 Presidential Inauguration, from Cincinnati,Ohio, The tour was a combination of 5 buses, which were to all stay for the weekend at the Doubletree Hotel, in Maryland. The trip was very smooth. When we arrive at the hotel, you can imagine, the chaos of getting everybody checked in and to their rooms. The staff was so patient,and the efficency,was awesome, Their was many people that had to get rooms, but the hotel not only gave excellent service, but cookies were also available in cause a snack was needed during the checking period. It was a process but with the know how and the many staff members that were there to help, it was finally completed. But I really want to say that my stay, at the doubletree was very comfortable, My room was cleaned every day, fresh sheets. The breakfast every morning was more than I expected, the hotel did not miss a beat even my yogurt was there. We had our very own Inauguration Ball in the Hotel, It was awesome, and it was a time to get dress up, and it was a beautiful time had by all. When departing, one of the buses had trouble, but we had not let the hotel, so we were not stranded, just delayed. We were there close to luchtime, once again our hotel, showed my tour what excellent service was all about. We were served lunch free of charge until our bus was repaired. The Doubletree will alway be the hotel that not only have comfort, but comfort with a smile, not forgetting those freshly bake chocolate chips, cookies with rasins, and the delicious brownies. I will recommend your hotel to all my friends, The doubletree Hotel and the Presidential Inauguration together will be my most unforgettable memories ever. Thank-you Doubletree.

Room Tip: The room overlooking the lobby is really interesting, and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel earlier this month and it was very nice. It was relatively easy to find (with my navigation system). Checking in was simple and sweet (literally, with the wonderful warm cookies)that you receive upon check in. The room was a nice size for my party of three. I would only suggest a little more lighting in the rooms. I had to turn on all of the lights and even with that it was still a little on the dim side. Not withstanding that the bedding was comfortable and CLEAN. I am a little OCD when it comes to traveling and where I must lay my head. The pool area was nice as well, though a little on the smaller side. I would say more than 7-8 in the pool and it would be crowded. We lucked out and my two boys had the pool all to themselves for 3 hours. All in all, it was just an overnight stay ( to my boys disappointment), but a comfy one at best.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Spent one night here plus a full day in a conference and was impressed with the exceptionally friendly and professional staff throughout the hotel. Rooms were clean and comfortable, except for the heat being permanently fixed at 73 degrees in spite of my efforts to lower the temp. Co-workers commented on a similar situation in their rooms.

The cookie at check in was a nice surprise, and prompted me to use the fitness center which was well equipped and maintained.

Morning breakfast buffet offers quick access to a wide variety of options, everything we had was quite good.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel used to be, in a word .."shabby". Rooms were old and noisy and the place just seemed depressed. I ended up back at this hotel in January 2013 and ..WOW!! - What a difference. This place has undergone a total renovation and Hilton gets an "A+" for this effort and result. Rooms are fresh and clean and 100% - I really mean 100% SOUNDPROOF. Rooms have fantastic beds, crisp clean decor and complementary wireless and wired internet. I was just in a regular room, and it was nicer than most upgraded rooms at other properties. I can't say enough nice things about this renovation. Hilton deserves so much credit for turning this property around and making it a place where you can work, rest and relax. It's a perfect business hotel.

I spend 20+ nights per year in this area, but stopped going to the Hilton years ago because it was so noisy and run-down. When my company booked me in the Hilton for this last stay, I was really upset but other properties were full. What a delightful surprise to have discovered this new and impoved Hilton Doubletree. Anyone staying in the Columbia area - I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend this amazing property. Staff was super professional and polite and all areas are clean and nice.

Final "super important" thing for me - and I'm sure some of you out there share this issue ... TEMPERATURE CONTROL. The "new and improved" Hilton has individual units in each room. You can set the unit to cool or heat and you can set the fan to remain on so that you don't have the noise when the unit turns on and off. The room was perfect temperature for me (I like it cold - even in winter) - and yet the heat was also fine. Thanks Hilton for listening to your customers.

Room Tip: With the renovation, every room on each side of the building is now fine. In the old days, before t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia? Share your experiences!