“Wonderful Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Starke, Florida
“Wonderful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I've stayed at the Doubletree in Columbia quite a few time and the Reason I keep coming back is the Staff, Their Front with Keith, Shawn , Mari and Norman have always been very attentive.
They treat people as they would like to be treated themselves . There is a Restaurant and Bar on site , Maria Is the Best! not to take anything away for Mike he does a great job as well.
It's always nice to be remembered and call be name as soon as you walk in the lobby.

The rooms are clean and the Beds a comfy .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was on tour for the 2013 Presidential Inauguration, from Cincinnati,Ohio, The tour was a combination of 5 buses, which were to all stay for the weekend at the Doubletree Hotel, in Maryland. The trip was very smooth. When we arrive at the hotel, you can imagine, the chaos of getting everybody checked in and to their rooms. The staff was so patient,and the efficency,was awesome, Their was many people that had to get rooms, but the hotel not only gave excellent service, but cookies were also available in cause a snack was needed during the checking period. It was a process but with the know how and the many staff members that were there to help, it was finally completed. But I really want to say that my stay, at the doubletree was very comfortable, My room was cleaned every day, fresh sheets. The breakfast every morning was more than I expected, the hotel did not miss a beat even my yogurt was there. We had our very own Inauguration Ball in the Hotel, It was awesome, and it was a time to get dress up, and it was a beautiful time had by all. When departing, one of the buses had trouble, but we had not let the hotel, so we were not stranded, just delayed. We were there close to luchtime, once again our hotel, showed my tour what excellent service was all about. We were served lunch free of charge until our bus was repaired. The Doubletree will alway be the hotel that not only have comfort, but comfort with a smile, not forgetting those freshly bake chocolate chips, cookies with rasins, and the delicious brownies. I will recommend your hotel to all my friends, The doubletree Hotel and the Presidential Inauguration together will be my most unforgettable memories ever. Thank-you Doubletree.

Room Tip: The room overlooking the lobby is really interesting, and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel earlier this month and it was very nice. It was relatively easy to find (with my navigation system). Checking in was simple and sweet (literally, with the wonderful warm cookies)that you receive upon check in. The room was a nice size for my party of three. I would only suggest a little more lighting in the rooms. I had to turn on all of the lights and even with that it was still a little on the dim side. Not withstanding that the bedding was comfortable and CLEAN. I am a little OCD when it comes to traveling and where I must lay my head. The pool area was nice as well, though a little on the smaller side. I would say more than 7-8 in the pool and it would be crowded. We lucked out and my two boys had the pool all to themselves for 3 hours. All in all, it was just an overnight stay ( to my boys disappointment), but a comfy one at best.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Spent one night here plus a full day in a conference and was impressed with the exceptionally friendly and professional staff throughout the hotel. Rooms were clean and comfortable, except for the heat being permanently fixed at 73 degrees in spite of my efforts to lower the temp. Co-workers commented on a similar situation in their rooms.

The cookie at check in was a nice surprise, and prompted me to use the fitness center which was well equipped and maintained.

Morning breakfast buffet offers quick access to a wide variety of options, everything we had was quite good.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel used to be, in a word .."shabby". Rooms were old and noisy and the place just seemed depressed. I ended up back at this hotel in January 2013 and ..WOW!! - What a difference. This place has undergone a total renovation and Hilton gets an "A+" for this effort and result. Rooms are fresh and clean and 100% - I really mean 100% SOUNDPROOF. Rooms have fantastic beds, crisp clean decor and complementary wireless and wired internet. I was just in a regular room, and it was nicer than most upgraded rooms at other properties. I can't say enough nice things about this renovation. Hilton deserves so much credit for turning this property around and making it a place where you can work, rest and relax. It's a perfect business hotel.

I spend 20+ nights per year in this area, but stopped going to the Hilton years ago because it was so noisy and run-down. When my company booked me in the Hilton for this last stay, I was really upset but other properties were full. What a delightful surprise to have discovered this new and impoved Hilton Doubletree. Anyone staying in the Columbia area - I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend this amazing property. Staff was super professional and polite and all areas are clean and nice.

Final "super important" thing for me - and I'm sure some of you out there share this issue ... TEMPERATURE CONTROL. The "new and improved" Hilton has individual units in each room. You can set the unit to cool or heat and you can set the fan to remain on so that you don't have the noise when the unit turns on and off. The room was perfect temperature for me (I like it cold - even in winter) - and yet the heat was also fine. Thanks Hilton for listening to your customers.

Room Tip: With the renovation, every room on each side of the building is now fine. In the old days, before t...
Walhalla, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Had advanced reservations With confermation. had trouble checking in after a long day on the road thru Washington DC traffic. Price of Breakfast was a little steep. Room was clean and comfortable. I paid for room in advanced. They get your credit card they say for other things during your visit. When I got home and got my statement for my Hilton Honors Visa I found that they double billed me, Called the hotel Direct and they said It would be taken care of. Today is over a month from stay and Thay have not corrected the billing error!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Robert B,
I am very sorry that we made a mistake during your check out from the hotel. After your call to the hotel, we have corrected the mistake and am happy to tell you that correction to your folio occured on December 10th. I hope that sometime in the near future, you will come back and stay. I would like the chance to prove to you that we are a hotel that cares about every little detail. Again, I am sorry we made a mistake and hope to see you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

After a very long and stressful trip from Houston, i arrived at the DoubleTree and as soon as i walked in the door i was greeted by Shawn at the front desk who was incredibly friendly and welcoming. The very first thing i noticed when i walked into the room was the bed and how cozy it looked.. It was like a giant cloud! The room was spotless and very spacious. There was a confusion, but the issue was quickly resolved by Barry. The restaurant on site had great food and the waitress Maria was sweet and very attentive. There really is nothing negative to say about the Doubletree. I will DEFINITELY return!!

• Stayed December 2012

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia? Share your experiences!