“Tastes like homemade! Only your Grandma could make it better!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #87 of 224 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Seafood, Fish & Chips, Chicken Wings
Columbia, MD
“Tastes like homemade! Only your Grandma could make it better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was reluctant to try this place since everyone has a different version of "good" friend chicken, but this place blew our socks off! I have NEVER tasted anything so close to homemade in my entire life! When I say this chicken is good and you should be in your car right now going to get some, I mean it! We got an order of 12 pieces, whiting (just ok, nothing spectacular) and sides (don't waste your time! Mac and Cheese looked right out the blue Kraft box!) and made the 25 min. drive home in full skeptic mode. After my son (the biggest skeptic!) took his first bite, he asked why we didnt get 20 pieces? The chicken is crispy without heavy breading, flavorful without being greasy. I normally eat just one piece of take out chicken since I can't handle the grease, but I ate 3 pieces and could have eaten more! We've already been back twice in a 3-week period and I think my husband is addicted! You really have to try this chicken! Just call ahead and go with a friend:-)

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Baltimore, Maryland
“Perfectly Fried”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Been to this place a couple times now. The fried catfish is excellent and the lemon cake is off the hook. Great fried chicken as well. Not crazy about the biscuits...corn bread was just ok. Menu is reasonably priced. Nice to have a reliable soul food place like this in the area. Call ahead, this is not fast food and no where to sit while you wait.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fried chicken done right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Chicken friends is a very nice take home restraint. It is family owned and every is very nice. This Is great place to stretch your dolor because you get A LOT for your money

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere