“Don't You Love Surprises” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 224 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Bar, Sandwiches
Glen Burnie, Maryland
“Don't You Love Surprises”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

The plan was to grab a quick bite and then get custard, best laid plans and all that.

The main thing that caught my eye was "Brick Oven Pizza", so figured it was just a pizza joint. That idea was wonderfully set aside once we went in. The space is small and a bit tight but, doesn't feel cramped. The "Luna" themed decor is very nice, giving the place a homey feel. The staff is attentive and flows very well. Drinks appeared when needed, plates were bussed with little delay.

*** Beginning ***
Wonderful bread with a thin and crisp crust and a light and soft interior. The olive oil had a very pleasant taste and suited the bread well.

*** Anti Pasto ***
Shrimp Bruschetta - Shrimp, sauce of heavy cream and garlic over a toasted garlic bread. The first bruschetta that required a fork to eat. The sauce has a wonderful body and the shrimp were perfectly done. A little less salt (from the garlic salt) on the bread would be nice but, I am a very low tolerance for salt. Simply wonderful.

*** Dinner ***
Fettuccine Alfredo with Shrimp - As before the shrimp was very well done as was the pasta. The Alfredo was light and airy. Whoever is in the kitchen knows their stuff. This just may have been the best Alfredo I have ever had.

The Marsalas - the veal was deliciously tender and so lightly breaded it takes nothing away from the veal. The sauce was again light on par with the Alfredo with a wonderful flavor from an in-house broth reduction.

*** Dessert ***
Lemon Bundt w/ Blueberries - full lemon flavor without being tart, I wasn't allowed to have a piece with blueberry in it. The glaze continued the light and airy theme of the meal and was slightly sweet. Never had bundt that didn't hold a license to be called a pound cake, this was a definite exception.

Cheesecake w/ Coconut. The filling had a wonderful taste with a feel that reminded me a bit of ice cream. The chocolate cookie crust was a pleasant contrast to the filling.

*** In Closing ***
Luna was far from what I expected and fantastically so. They are a culinary delight. We most certainly be returning only with reservations.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Great little place to go to if you want something special. I give it a two thumbs up! The brick oven pizza's are the bomb!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food and service! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Can't believe I just found out about this place. Already been there twice and so far everything we have ordered was delicious. The pizzas, pasta, sandwhiches and apps are amazing. The service is also great! Couldn't ask for better!

Annapolis, Maryland
“Great food at great prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Based on other reviews my husband and I decided to try Luna Bella for a birthday dinner celebration for my daughter. We were greeted by two very friendly hostesses and led to our table by the window (don't expect a view because the restaurant is in a shopping center). Our server was Seamus and he was training another lady, though in all honesty she either has never had service experience or was just awful but that did not hamper the evening at all. They have a price fixed menu but none of us chose that option and they also have select bottles of wine at 1/2 price. My husband and I enjoyed the orecchiette soup which though a little salty was very very good. My step daughter loves gnocchi so she opted for the gnocchi with tomato sauce and it was served with a mozzarella topping and she said it was very good. Her boyfriend had the chicken Parmesan and that was a lovely presentation of pasta on one side of the plate and the breaded chicken breast topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella and judging by the empty plate at the end would say he enjoyed it. My husband had the chicken cacciatore and it was a huge portion and thought it was great and enjoyed the price which was about $17. I loved the salmon piccata which was priced at $18 and came served with penne pasta and broccoli and carrots. Desserts of banana creme brûlée, Jewish apple cake ala mode and lemon bar were enjoyed at the table. After it all we decided we would visit again because it was such a great evening.

Visited July 2014
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

What a hidden little gem!

Glad we found this place.. They deserve the #3 in Columbia!

It's most definitely a top-five restaurant in the area!!

Thank-you!!!