“Great food at great prices” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 223 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Bar, Sandwiches
Annapolis, Maryland
“Great food at great prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Based on other reviews my husband and I decided to try Luna Bella for a birthday dinner celebration for my daughter. We were greeted by two very friendly hostesses and led to our table by the window (don't expect a view because the restaurant is in a shopping center). Our server was Seamus and he was training another lady, though in all honesty she either has never had service experience or was just awful but that did not hamper the evening at all. They have a price fixed menu but none of us chose that option and they also have select bottles of wine at 1/2 price. My husband and I enjoyed the orecchiette soup which though a little salty was very very good. My step daughter loves gnocchi so she opted for the gnocchi with tomato sauce and it was served with a mozzarella topping and she said it was very good. Her boyfriend had the chicken Parmesan and that was a lovely presentation of pasta on one side of the plate and the breaded chicken breast topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella and judging by the empty plate at the end would say he enjoyed it. My husband had the chicken cacciatore and it was a huge portion and thought it was great and enjoyed the price which was about $17. I loved the salmon piccata which was priced at $18 and came served with penne pasta and broccoli and carrots. Desserts of banana creme brûlée, Jewish apple cake ala mode and lemon bar were enjoyed at the table. After it all we decided we would visit again because it was such a great evening.

Visited July 2014

“Great Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

What a hidden little gem!

Glad we found this place.. They deserve the #3 in Columbia!

It's most definitely a top-five restaurant in the area!!

Thank-you!!!

Radnor, Pennsylvania
“Great food, fantastic service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

In town for hockey with my wife and two sons, we were looking for a nice place for casual dinner. Found Luna Bella ranked 3rd on Tripadvisor. Reviews showed all 4 and 5 stars except one 3 star review. So off we went for the 15 minute drive to Luna Bella.

Real good bread but not "great". Olive oil and garlic were good.

For an app, we had the Fried Mozzarella, fantastic. Real cheese slices, not little sticks, better than expected.

For dinner the boys had cheese pizza and raviolis from the kids menu which were very good, especially the raviolis.

I had the Chicken Luna Bella, chicken breast with blackening spice tossed with tri-colored
cheese filled tortellini in a creamy pesto, tomato sauce. It was awesome, chicken was perfect. Little spicy kick. Went great with my BASS beer.

My wife had the Veggie Portabella sandwich, it was delicious.

Dessert was also perfect, Key Lime pie, Creme Brulee and Mango sorbet. All were excellent.

Service was the best I've had in some time, perfect timing, no delays but not too fast either.

Don't hesitate to head over if you are undecided, its worth the trip. We might go back in 2 days when we return to the area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Cozy Neighborhood Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Charming little restaurant hidden in a shopping center. Easy parking, attentive service, limited menu, but the food was good. New prix fix menu which includes a salad or soup, choice of several entress (the mussels were good and plentiful), and a mini cannoli or sorbet for only $18--good Sunday through Thursday.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Maryland
“The challenge to find it is worth the effort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Three of my former professional associates and I have been friends for many years, and with two being retirees (and two semi-retired), we make it a point to get together for lunch about every three months. We each take turns selecting the venue, and today's lunch was scheduled at Luna Bella in Columbia, MD. I knew the general area where it is, but I had never been there. The address was in one of Columbia's many small, neighborhood shopping areas, but I had to drive around a couple times before I spotted the address and then the front door of the restaurant. Our group of four arrived at about the same time, and we were seated immediately, even though it was at the height of the lunch hour. It will come as no surprise to anyone that this is an Italian establishment, but it's certainly not run-of-the-mill. The lunch menu is quite large and varied, with meat, seafood, and vegetarian dishes available. As all of us had meetings or appointments later in the afternoon, so we opted for either iced tea or water to drink. When three of us chose the eggplant parmesan and the fourth selected lasagna, the server informed us that a salad and unlimited bread were included. This bountiful offering (not including the drinks) came for $7.50 each. The food was delicious! The bread was baked on site, and the salads were of three varieties: house, Caesar, and Greek, and they were by no means skimpy. In our group, we ordered two Greek salads, one Caesar, and one house, and all of us enjoyed them. The entrees were exemplary.

Even though this place is about 25 miles from our residence, it's definitely on my list for future visits.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere