“Consistent quality in food & service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 224 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Bar, Sandwiches
Hull, Massachusetts
“Consistent quality in food & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We were happy when our friends took us here again during one of our regular visits to Columbia. Each time we have enjoyed the great blend of flavors with fun and attentive service. Feels like a great family place.

• Visited May 2013

Columbia, Maryland
“Slipped a notch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I've been to this restaurant several times in the past year. The service is usually very friendly and attentive. I tried the eggplant dish and it was a bit tasteless and disappointing. Usually the staff comes around and grinds pepper on your salad and grates fresh parmesan cheese on your pasta but I was on my own this time. I had to ask and then was given the shakers to do it myself. They also ran out of about 4 desserts that night by the time our party finished the meal. We had to ask for bread and then couldn't get a refill.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Clarksville, Maryland, United States
“Good food, reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Luna Bella has consistently provided us with tasty Italian food. The salads are generous and the calzones are delicious. Sometimes the pizzas are hit or miss (thin crust and unique sauce), but overall we keep going back and enjoying ourselves there.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“Always a favorite for my extended family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Whenever any of my family come to visit, they always want to visit this restaurant. Service is always friendly and attentive and the food is always excellent. My wife has a bunch of food problems and they have always managed, not only to work around them but to provide her a delightful meal.
Our last visit I had a mussel dish that was just perfection. The food is abundant and fairly priced. The restaurant is small and a bit noisy but that is a minor issue compared to the rest of the pluses.

• Visited March 2013
Columbia, Maryland
“The perfect Italian dinner for the birthday girl”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

It was my sisters' birthday today and I was making dinner plans for her favorite food "Italian". I was considering the safe places but lately a new friend of mine has turned me on to trip advisor to start looking at others' reviews. The last few days it has been incredibly helpful. That is how I found this little piece of heaven tucked away in the back of a shopping center. I have lived here 21 years and did not know it existed. Today I made reservations with Tim, who was so kind on the phone I knew I was in for a good time. As we walked in we were so warmly greeted and then the server was immediately there. Extremely attentive and friendly. We ordered and everyone's food was wonderful. Very nice size portions for the prices. The dessert tray came and there was at least 10 different homemade delicacies . We had the chocolate mint cake. Delicious. Shockingly after dessert Tim came up to the table introduced himself, inquired about the food and then said he would go tell the kitchen staff we enjoyed it. Nice touch because the kitchen never gets the props. Ok our family is hard on a restaurant as we own one in columbia. That being said, if you haven't been here, put it on your restaurant bucket list! It is small and cozy so you should be safe and get reservations. I could find nothing negative to say. We shall be back.

• Visited February 2013