“Great Sunday Brunch” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Victoria Gastro Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 7 Bars & Pubs in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 108
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Sunday Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

A great place for Sunday brunch. Lots of brunch selections as well as a lunch menu. Drinks were yummy. Brunch prices were very reasonable. Very friendly staff. We will definitely return!

Washington
“Family Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Had reservations and went with family friends. Since VGP has pub in the name, was not sure how friendly it would be to our friend's two year old. Turns out, it was not loud at all. And with high chairs and kids menus they were very accommodating.

Draft beer selection was pretty decent and I feel certain if you did not find it on draft, you could surely find a bottled beer that hit the spot.

Appetizers were on point. Recommend the duck fat fries. The pick up sticks chicken appetizer was pretty good, as well. Everyone seemed to enjoy the food and beer all around, and the ambience was really nice. I would definitely go back.

Columbia, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly Over-hyped”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I live around the corner and we've given Victoria several chances, but it has been consistently disappointing. The food is very plain and uninspired, and worse, often not made well. We've had to send food back on two separate occasions (which we almost never do), and a third time there was plastic wrap is my wife's burger. The place has an attitude and certainly a price to match the upscale atmosphere, but the food and service are both sub-par. As a beer and wine lover, I will agree with others that this place has a great selection of both. But in a town with so many great restaurants, including pubs, I don't understand why this one continues to be popular.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Experience...and everyone knows”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had heard great things about this place, with a reputation for being the best food in Columbia, but not so great for kids. We decided to give it a try, and took our 2 year old son. Our dinner was great, and they did have a kids menu and it had plenty of options. We decided on an early 530PM seating, because it was a Friday night and we expected it to be busy. While we were lucky and seated right away, when we were leaving... it was packed and got a bit loud. The decor is very nice, old wood and decorative doorways, but you don't feel the need to be dressed up. They also have outdoor seating, which I will try next time.
The menu is short on options, but what they offer is terrific. We started with the poutine fries, and they were very tasty and not as heavy as I had at other places. I ordered the steak for dinner, which was a new cut, bavette, I had not previously tried. I usually stick to Filet, but this was a nice meal. Yes, it's a bit like flank steak, very lean, and fibrous, a bit chewy, but i would suggest ordering it med rare, and you'll love it.
The drink menu was....unbelievable. Beer lovers will be impressed. They have a lovely selection of wine, no to mention at least a dozen respectable options of single malt scotch. An educated pallet filled this place with so many options, even the casual drinker will be tempted to try something they never heard of before.
There were only 2 things slightly bothering me. First, there was a small colony of fruit flies pestering us, and yes, we were seated inside. Secondly, pack your parking patience. The lot does not even begin to suffice. This place is popular, and it shows in the complete lack of parking.
This is the best food I have had in Columbia, so please go and enjoy. I would also say that it is a perfectly fine place for kids, so take for family.

Ellicott City, Maryland
“Overrated and watch your credit card receipt”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Limited menu, particularly if you don't eat beef. Portions are small and overpriced. Didn't see anything amazing in the recipes for "foodies" although they try to make it appear that it is.

Service was HORRIBLE. We waited almost 10 min. to be acknowledged and then the server was very blase. (Not a busy night, so not sure what the problem was.) Never saw him after food was delivered so thank goodness there wasn't a problem.

OH, and booths are TERRIBLE. We went when the restaurant first opened and said, "Well, eventually they will replace them." Nope. Still the same, no support, sink all the way down to the floor. My husband and I had to switch sides and the table was at my shoulders--honest to God. He's 6 ft. and when he moved over the table was across his upper chest.

And of course, even though we tipped 20%, the waiter added another dollar. I know some people are huge lovers of this place. All I can say is watch your credit card. We've had this happen at least once every few months around Howard Co. I keep my receipts and I've had to call the restaurants and get money added back. Restaurants can pull everything and they have been mortified to realize this happens.

• Visited April 2013