“Great Experience...and everyone knows” 4 of 5 stars

(410) 750-1880
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Victoria Gastro Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 222 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 108
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Experience...and everyone knows”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had heard great things about this place, with a reputation for being the best food in Columbia, but not so great for kids. We decided to give it a try, and took our 2 year old son. Our dinner was great, and they did have a kids menu and it had plenty of options. We decided on an early 530PM seating, because it was a Friday night and we expected it to be busy. While we were lucky and seated right away, when we were leaving... it was packed and got a bit loud. The decor is very nice, old wood and decorative doorways, but you don't feel the need to be dressed up. They also have outdoor seating, which I will try next time.
The menu is short on options, but what they offer is terrific. We started with the poutine fries, and they were very tasty and not as heavy as I had at other places. I ordered the steak for dinner, which was a new cut, bavette, I had not previously tried. I usually stick to Filet, but this was a nice meal. Yes, it's a bit like flank steak, very lean, and fibrous, a bit chewy, but i would suggest ordering it med rare, and you'll love it.
The drink menu was....unbelievable. Beer lovers will be impressed. They have a lovely selection of wine, no to mention at least a dozen respectable options of single malt scotch. An educated pallet filled this place with so many options, even the casual drinker will be tempted to try something they never heard of before.
There were only 2 things slightly bothering me. First, there was a small colony of fruit flies pestering us, and yes, we were seated inside. Secondly, pack your parking patience. The lot does not even begin to suffice. This place is popular, and it shows in the complete lack of parking.
This is the best food I have had in Columbia, so please go and enjoy. I would also say that it is a perfectly fine place for kids, so take for family.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

77% Recommend
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Overrated and watch your credit card receipt”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Limited menu, particularly if you don't eat beef. Portions are small and overpriced. Didn't see anything amazing in the recipes for "foodies" although they try to make it appear that it is.

Service was HORRIBLE. We waited almost 10 min. to be acknowledged and then the server was very blase. (Not a busy night, so not sure what the problem was.) Never saw him after food was delivered so thank goodness there wasn't a problem.

OH, and booths are TERRIBLE. We went when the restaurant first opened and said, "Well, eventually they will replace them." Nope. Still the same, no support, sink all the way down to the floor. My husband and I had to switch sides and the table was at my shoulders--honest to God. He's 6 ft. and when he moved over the table was across his upper chest.

And of course, even though we tipped 20%, the waiter added another dollar. I know some people are huge lovers of this place. All I can say is watch your credit card. We've had this happen at least once every few months around Howard Co. I keep my receipts and I've had to call the restaurants and get money added back. Restaurants can pull everything and they have been mortified to realize this happens.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, Maryland
“Good food, Great beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Ive been here a couple times, and what usually brings me back is the great beer selection. The duck fat fries are awesome as well. But usually its the beer. They like to switch it up every now and then, and the price isnt too bad either.

Visited December 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
“Finally fish and chips done right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I have been looking for a place that serves fish and chips done right. The best I've ever had were in Maui Hawaii and I've been searching the mainland trying to recapture the deliciousness I experienced in Hawaii. A lot of restaurants try and fail when making fish and chips. I'm very happy to say Victoria's has done it right. The fish was delivered pipping hot to the table. It was lightly coated with a crispy layer covering tender and perfectly cooked fish. Each bite was loaded with flavor and was a pleasure to my pallet.

The Duck Fat fries that accompianed my meal were also excellent but the fish and chips was the star of the show.

The service was excellent and Victoria (the owner) came out to check how everything tasted. She and her Mom run the place and take great pride in their food. A+

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Duck Fat Fries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Great dining environment; like the privacy afforded by the drapes; food is amazing...try the Duck Fat Fries

• Visited May 2012