“Extensive menu and good food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 223 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
“Extensive menu and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I've eaten here twice; once alone at the bar and once with a friend. It is loud, so expect to speak louder than normal to have a conversation. The food is excellent and portions are large. Small plate items are often enough for a meal. For example, the Vietnamese cellophane spring rolls are about six inches long and come in threes. Whereas, an appetizer is two four inch wraps. Easy to order too much food, but if taken home it is enjoyed for a second time. The Service is great too and the Resteraunt is next door to the movie theatre.

New York City, New York
“Great Food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

This was the first time I walked into a Cheesecake Factory and was seated right immediately. The staff was responsive and food was great!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stroud, United Kingdom
“A good fun place to eat, but always busy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Great place, full of buzz, alway very busy at peak times, very good choice of food and cheesecake to die for.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Damascus, Virginia
“Great Food, Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Was joining a fiend from out of town and wanted to dine somewhere above average. We found it here. We enjoyed the food along with great cheesecake!!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“Save Your Time and Money - Don't Go”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

If the Cheescake Factory is ranked 16 out of 216 in Columbia, it is a pointed comment on the poor palates in Columbia. Our experience (one time was enough) was less than poor.

4 of us went there and it was so crowded that we hardly even had space to stand in line. You might ask, "Why did you stay?" The answer of me and my wife is that we were with friends who wanted to stay. We waited over an hour for an inconvenient table. Under any other circumstances, my wife and I would have left after around 20 minutes. One of the problems was that the staff kept telling us that it would be only around 10 minutes for a table. Dumb as we were, we believed it the first time and by the 3rd time my wife and I knew we were being jobbed.

Anyway, after the huge waste of time and nerves (the noise level was simply overwhelming), we got a table stuck in an area with kids and waitress traffic, on hard chairs. I quit leaning my elbows on the table after a few minutes, when my shirt sleeves kept sticking when I moved my arms.

The food, when it got to us, after another interminable wait, was on the verge of atrocious. A child in grade school cooking class could have done as well.

And, the best that can be said of the service is that it was thoughtless. Plus, for this type of management, service and food, it was overly expensive.

I won't go into more detail -- it is wasteful of your reading time -- except to say that time and money spent at this place is a total waste. If I could rate a zero, I would do it.

• Visited May 2013