“Guests” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Guests”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Unfortunately we were seated adjacent to the entrance, which ensured a lot of traffic to and fro. It's better when you're seated further in the restaurant.
The service was very good. Our waiter was very attentive to our needs.
The menu and wine list offer an excellent and wide ranging selection .
We've eaten there on several occasions, however the fish this time did not meet our expectation, although the steak was great.
We would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

This is a great place for some French inspired cuisine. The atmosphere is very nice and the staff is very respectful. The food was phenomenal.

Crofton, Maryland
“How Did I Miss This One?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I've lived in the Baltimore/Washington area for 40 years and had never been to King's Contirvance. I now have a new place to meet friends and family which is easily found just off Route 32 or Route 29 in Columbia. The brunch was wonderful, parking was easy and I loved the atmosphere. I will be visiting again very soon.

• Visited June 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“Nice Atmosphere - Lots of Parking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We have been to KC a few times. The first couple of times were for dinner and it was always delicious! Very attentive staff, generous entrees and great drinks!
We went for Valentine's Day and they seemed a little overwhelmed. They totally forgot my husband's food and it took quite some time for them to bring it. His food was good once it arrived but I was nearly done with my entree when his had just arrived. Also, the tables were packed so close together that we could practicaly elbow the people next to us. The Valentine's experience was just ok...
We returned for Mother's Day brunch. Pretty dissapointing. My fish had no flavor. Another person in my party ordered the french toast and that was all it was - french toast with toppings. We could have had that at any breakfast place (and paid a lot less!). This was the first time I was truly dissapointed with the food.
The restaurant has a nice atmosphere and it is cozy with lots of parking available. Overall I would certainly return, but probably not on a holiday (definitely not for brunch).

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gambrills, Maryland
“Good Anniversary Dinner/Family Hooked on Chilean Sea Bass”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

My Family and I had a 50th Anniversary dinner here for my grandparents and it was excellent!!! The restaurant was home to King Contrivance (Learned from my aunt) and it looked like a mansion where you can get into another world (Narnia,Jumanji) The room where we had dinner was very nice and my uncle had put together a slideshow for my grandparents and there was a nice space to put the projector and the screen. The food was delicious! I and the rest of my family had Chilean Sea Bass which they were craving and tried at different places! The Chilean Sea Bass was excellent for me but I did not crave it!! The appitizers were great! I had the tomato and mozzerella on bread and it was great (My mom makes it the best!) Overall, Our dinner was fantastic here!!!!!

• Visited June 2012