“Best pho in the area” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Maryland
“Best pho in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2008

I've been to a lot of Pho restaurants, and by far, An Loi has very delicious Pho! This is Asian fast food. The waiters are very efficient. They don't pamper you with service, but they get you the food fast and steaming hot. Besides pho, I also like their grilled beef over vermicelli, and tasty Pad Thai (not exactly authentic, but I liked the flavors). Portions are big for the price.

You will notice that that the restaurant is packed with Asians - we know where to get good food. The decor is and ambiance reminds me of a typical restaurant back home (in SE Asia). Simple and to the point.

Go for the food.

BAGGINS
“Always good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2008

I found this review board as I was looking for their number to make sure they were open today, memorial day. I go here for lunch at least twice a month and try to find someone to go with me for dinner once or twice a month.

I good fried took me here about four years ago with his family and service was good... the food was good. It's like any other place so far as service goes, when it gets packed service suffers... only at this place it suffers very little. I may not be a good source to judge as I do go there enough that the wait staff and owner recognize me... but I feel my service now is no different than when I first started going.

Also with any server, they'll usually treat you as you treat them... I've not come across one server there that was anything less than kind and accommodating. Some friends that I've taken (that don't usually venture out for anything more "exotic" than Olive Garden) comment that they feel rushed... when the place is packed and people are standing at the do hoping to get a seat the servers are only going to try to do things as fast as possible and don't have time to sit there while you make up your mind... they're always more than happy to come back to you, don't feel that they're obligated to wait.

In short... food is always great (why else would I for go cooking out on memorial day) and the service is always at the very least good... most times great... like your Grandmother waiting on you and making sure everything is just right.

Hope you find this useful.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Ah, pho. Mmm.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2008

Ah, pho. Mmm.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“also known as "happy bowl"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2008

also known as "happy bowl"

Columbia
“Good food, not subtle, horrible service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2007

The service is awful. They act like you have asked for their first born if you want more thai basil or cilantro. The waiter is surly if you want a bigger table. The food is good, but poor service is going to sink this restaurant. They have lost many a trip from me and many a larger tip from me because of their abysmal service.