“rushed much?” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“rushed much?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

not knowing that they close from 3-5pm my friend n i got there at 2:55 and they told us to sit b hurry n order then they got one sushi ready but the other one was not ready yet so it was weird to not wait for the other one by the time the other sushi plate got to our table they handed us the bill already and a lady kept hovering over us to check if we were done...we felt uncomfortable and rushed the whole time!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Jessup, Maryland
“Always Delicious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This place is so amazing. Of course sushi is pricey, but it is TOTALLY worth it here. They also have the BEST miso soup that I have ever tasted. When I want sushi, I want SUSHI KING!!!

Visited March 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Staying in Columbia, MD for a week....did a lot of research on nearby Sushi restaurants. We opted to try this one, mostly due to decent reviews. Upon entering the restaurant, I thought that I had wandered into a storage room, but it turned out to be the foyer. When we entered the actual restaurant, we were greeted and seated promptly. I ordered the sesame seaweed salad, my husband ordered the seafood soup and we ordered 3 speciality rolls to share. My seaweed salad was delivered almost immediately. It was oddly sweet instead of savory. After thinking they had forgotten my husband's soup, it was delivered with two of the three sushi rolls. His soup had 1 scallop, 1 shrimp, 1 piece of fake crabmeat and one other piece of unknown seafood. The seafood was not small enough for bite size and he said the broth just tasted like salt water. The sushi was disappointing. One roll contained some warm rice, mushy tuna and barely detectable roe. One roll contained warm rice, rubbery shrimp and fake crabmeat. They finally brought the third sushi roll which turned out to be fake crabmeat wrapped in a large amount of lettuce. None of the sushi rolls seemed to match the description on the menu. The prices were some of the most expensive I've ever eaten for sushi....around $15 per roll. Our water glasses were never refilled except when the manager(?) happened to walk by. One sushi chef spent more time joking with a waitress than making sushi. The decor was tired, the wallpaper was peeling and the baseboard could have used a good cleaning. The cloth curtains leading to the restroom were visibly dirty and food encrusted. I won't be back here. I'm hoping for better luck at the other two sushi places on my list for the week.

Visited April 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Great Place for Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Went for "date night" on a Friday evening.

The place was very busy - a good sign, and it only took about 7 minutes to get seated.

Food: Delicious. Sushi is a bit compared to other places nearby.
Service: Top notch (English may be a 2nd language - but adds to the authenticity)
Location: Good for between Baltimore & DC
Parking: Free and ample
Drinks: Traditional drinks
Ambiance: Sushi bar, traditional Japanese rooms, American style seating.

Would I recommend: Yes
Would I go back to: Probably

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Top of the Line Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you want consistently fresh sushi, then Sushi King in Columbia is where you need to go. The Sushi chefs (at least 5 on any given night) create artful and unusual combinations in addition to the standard sushi offerings. The prices are a bit higher than other locations, but truly, in this instance, you get what you pay for. In addition to sushi and sashimi, the kitchen prepares outstanding tempura and terriyaki dishes. The service is very good and most nights the owner or the manager will stop by your table and personally ensure your meal meets both your and their satisfaction. The fact that the restaurant is always crowded, even Tuesday through Thursday is a great barometer of their quality.

• Visited January 2013