“Excellent service; supersize portions” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Stanford Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 205 Restaurants in Columbia
Good for: Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Stanford Grill, food is our passion. Our commitment to ensuring you enjoy your dining experience is illustrated in our approach to the menu. Every day, our chefs handpick the freshest produce. Our chef-inspired dishes are made to order and prepared in our open-air kitchen, making you part of the culinary experience. Come enjoy the ambiance, savor exceptional American cuisine and sample our array of red and white wines. Stanford Grill: American cuisine at its finest.
“Excellent service; supersize portions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

The service was excellent from the moment we walked in to the time we left. We never had to wait nor want for anything. The food was delicious. Two individuals I was with ordered the Rotisserie Chicken. Honestly, one order would be enough for two people because of the large portion size (even the sides are served generously). I ordered the Cobb salad and it was very nicely prepared (but also large as well). I will definitely add this restaurant to my lists of places to visit next I come to Columbia!

Visited July 2014

“A hidden Gem..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stumbled onto this place trying to get to somewhere else. Man I'm glad I've found it.the standford. Is a very nice cozy little hideaway restaurant that serves just about anything you are looking for.the calamari is to die for the best I've ever eaten. .The 20 ounce steak n lobster mac n cheese was delicious. .This is definitely a winner..I'll definitely will be back again n again..try it for yourself. .enjoy. ..

“Overpriced and just average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

So obviously the draw here is supposed to be the Rotisserie chicken. It was ok. Nothing special. I ordered a salad with chicken in it and it was huge. But the dressing choices were limited and not good.
The Tomato Basil soup is delicious. The mashed potatoes were good. My friend ordered a chicken pot pie but she sent it back because the crust was doughy and it had no flavor.

Our Server, Korinne, was the most irritating I've had. She thought she was being so cute by practically singing through what sounded like a well rehearsed and practiced review of the menu. Zip and zang this and that. Ugh. She was literally snapping her fingers and rolling her neck. It was just too much. Then she started strangely removing our utensils in the middle of the meal. She took my uneaten cornbread before I could say anything. I could tell that she wanted us to leave so she could get the next group and the next tip. She just got on our nerves.
I don't think we will return.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food but service has deteriorated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We have gone to this restaurant many times. Great ambience, wonderful food and till recently great service. A couple of months ago when we were at the restaurant the waitress was extremely condescending. Yesterday when we were at the restaurant we had very smooth talking waiter who ordered are entre's before he ordered our appetizer. We had barely had two sips of our wine when the dinner arrived. At our astonished reaction that our appetizer had not arrived. No moves were made or offered to hold these back till the appetizer came out. All our really mouthy waiter said was this would be on the house. So we had dinner within half an hour of reaching the restaurant, the whole thing felt very rushed. We ended up siting with our drink glasses since we had no time to sip our wine before the food was thrust on us. Not planning to go back for quite some time. A pity because as I said, a great ambience and wonderful food.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious food for a hefty price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I heard the food was good. It is fabulous American burgers and steak. I tried several items at the Sunday brunch. The price was steep. I won't return until I have a super special occasion.

• Visited June 2014