“Diamond in the Rough” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Stanford Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 224 restaurants in Columbia
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Stanford Grill, food is our passion. Our commitment to ensuring you enjoy your dining experience is illustrated in our approach to the menu. Every day, our chefs handpick the freshest produce. Our chef-inspired dishes are made to order and prepared in our open-air kitchen, making you part of the culinary experience. Come enjoy the ambiance, savor exceptional American cuisine and sample our array of red and white wines. Stanford Grill: American cuisine at its finest.
“Diamond in the Rough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I'm not familiar with Columbia and was surprised to see how many shopping areas it sprouted in the years since I've been. If you can find the Stanford Grill (tucked behind a Holiday Inn type hotel), it's well worth it. I eat lots of salmon when I'm out and often find it nondescript, overcooked, or dripping with one sauce or another. The salmon here was marinated, smoked and then grilled to perfection. Great service. Decibel level could have been lower.

• Visited September 2013

84% Recommend
Fort Myers, Florida
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Four of us dined there on a Friday evening. We had reservations, but the restaurant was packed and we waited about 10 minutes. Very warm setting. It was very noisy which normally would drive me away. However, our waiter was outstanding and we could hear every word of wonderful descriptions of the specials. I had a filet kebob which was served with fresh grilled vegetables and an orzo pilaf. Quite delicious and generous in size. The guys had the BBQ ribs and pronounced them excellent. We were not there to hear the music, but will do so the next time.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Friday Night out with Friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was our first time to Stanford Grill and we were pleasantly surprised at how delicious the food was. Although, I only had a salad that came with this gigantic piece of cornbread and a vegetable. The food is on the pricey side but very delicious. My only complaint is that the veggies needed to be a little hotter. And if you are a bread pudding lover, you must tries Stanford Grills, its to die for.

“Upscale casual”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I rarely see a lot of small children or teens here, which is a plus for me. Much more grown up than the Cheesecake Factory or Changs. Jazz trio adds an air of sophistication, but doesn't feel stuffy. Bar service is consistently good. Roasted chicken is a signature dish....a bit too salty for me but all my friends love it. I swear by the prime rib and the BBQ ribs- always delicious. Reservations a must for weekend dining.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A real mixed bag”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My friend had surf and turf with spinach and orzo, and he said it was all cooked perfectly. The spinach did look gorgeous! I had the vegetable plate. The roasted veggies were excellent, but the tomatoes were overwhelmed by their dressing, and the cucumber salad didn't go very well with the rest. All the food was fresh, and portions were large.

The service was efficient. However, we had the world's most loquacious server; she meant well, but she almost drove us crazy. The live jazz was lovely and distracted us from how noisy the place was. If I go back, it will be because I love live music, and not many restaurants have it.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere