“Love, love, loved this restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 216 restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Stanford Grill, food is our passion. Our commitment to ensuring you enjoy your dining experience is illustrated in our approach to the menu. Every day, our chefs handpick the freshest produce. Our chef-inspired dishes are made to order and prepared in our open-air kitchen, making you part of the culinary experience. Come enjoy the ambiance, savor exceptional American cuisine and sample our array of red and white wines. Stanford Grill: American cuisine at its finest.
“Love, love, loved this restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were staying at the Courtyard Marriott which is next door and I could smell the wonderful food as we entered the hotel. Be sure to let the Stanford Grill know that you are staying at the Marriott, you get a free dessert.

We had a fabulous waiter, Mark who made our visit extra special. We started with calamari which had the best sweet Thai sauce. We then shared one of their roasted chicken haves which was delicious and finished up with the huge piece of key lime pie. It was a perfect meal.

The restaurant is beautiful, service was beyond excellent and the food was delicious. What more could you ask for? It was enough to make me want to stay at that hotel again, that's for sure.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
“Nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I was excited to try this restaurant on a recent trip as it had been recommended a few times. I got the Crab cakes and a Cesar salad to go and the food was really just okay. For the price and hype, I expected more. Maybe it would have been more amazing if I ate at the restaurant. I did find the staff to be very friendly and helpful, and would give it another try.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Amherst, New Hampshire, USA
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Based on recommendations from local business contacts, we had a meal at this restaurant. Service was great and the food was excellent! I really liked the crab cakes and the chocolate desert was worth the calories.

Visited June 2013
State College, Pennsylvania
“Very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Went to Stanford Grill with family and because of their recommendation. Nice atmosphere but we were seated by the fireplace, which was on and it was a little warm. They kindly shut it off for us. It was June!!!

We were originally looking at salads but after seeing the roasted chickens go by, I had to try one. I ordered the half chicken and the plate was over flowing. Chicken was very moist and tender, great seasonings and a large portion for the price. The mashed potatoes and green beans were a nice accompniament to the meal.
My Wife stuck with the Rotisserie Chicken Salad. We were both expecting a larger portion, both with the salad and the amount of chicken that was served. While it was tasty, she was not too satisfied with her meal. I would definitely go back but my Wife would order something else.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, MD
“Food too spicy, noise too loud”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I were both extremely disappointed on this restaurant. We had been here to a private party and loved it, so we decided to visit for dinner. Both dinners were extremely peppery. Who loads chicken pot pie with pepper? And the mashed potatoes, though tasty in that they had wonderful seasonings, also had so much pepper you couldn't eat it. But the most annoying was the noise level. It was impossible to hold a conversation. Our server was very good, but he was so friendly that he failed to get everything in our order correct, i.e., I'm still waiting for my coffee. The saving item was the dessert. If not for that, I would have given an even lower rating. All in all, not a great experience and doubtful that I would return.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere