“Won't let you down” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Stanford Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 223 Restaurants in Columbia
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Stanford Grill, food is our passion. Our commitment to ensuring you enjoy your dining experience is illustrated in our approach to the menu. Every day, our chefs handpick the freshest produce. Our chef-inspired dishes are made to order and prepared in our open-air kitchen, making you part of the culinary experience. Come enjoy the ambiance, savor exceptional American cuisine and sample our array of red and white wines. Stanford Grill: American cuisine at its finest.
Westerville, Ohio
“Won't let you down”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I've eaten here a number of times. It is a reliable and consistent restaurant - above average but not great. Great bar and solid wine selection. Above average service. The number 1 problem with The Grill is that it's very difficult to find. You see it but can't there from here. That said, worth tracking down until you find it.

Newton, Massachusetts, USA
“Exceeded expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

With rare exceptions (usually ethnic restaurants), I haven't been that impressed by the culinary selections of Columbia. So I must say the Stanford Grill really impressed me. For one thing, the ambiance -- it feels very cozy and less impersonal than steakhouse/American type restaurants normally feel. It has an upscale feel that doesn't seem forced.

A glass of Tempranillo wine was both delicious and relatively well-priced. A few of us shared the griddle cornbread which was fantastic and definitely enough for sharing. For dinner, I reluctantly opted for the house specialty of rotisserie chicken. I say "reluctantly", because I normally find baked chicken to be a boring dinner option. However, I have to say, this is a house special for a reason! It is very juice and well-seasoned. Not just your typical chicken dish. I had the glazed carrots and french fries as sides (they are good about substitutions, and I didn't like the options that came with the rotisserie chicken). Both were great, though I was disappointed because I'd been interested in the mac & cheese side and was told it could only be prepared with bacon (I don't eat pork). The restaurant, which already has a pretty meat-heavy menu, might consider a non-pork version of the macaroni & cheese?

Overall, I would definitely recommend this restaurant for those in the area. Waits can be long, just as a warning.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Woodbridge
“Great food, too noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We dined here as a group of five on a Thursday evening. It was busy, but we called ahead and were seated promptly. We were seated at a booth, which was a little tight for four adults and a 12-year old.

The service was outstanding at every point. Our drink and appetizer orders were delivered quickly. The fried oysters were more bland than I was expecting, considering the sauce description. They were nicely presented in half-shells. For entrees, we had two salads, a burger, a steak, and a pasta dish. All were better than similar dishes at other restaurants. My steak salad was great; I chose blue cheese dressing rather than the honey mustard dressing that normally comes with the salad. I took part of it home and it was still good the next day. My daughter had the pasta dish and enjoyed it and took some home as well. Everyone enjoyed their food.

The prices are high compared to similar restaurants like Mike's American Grill. The items we ordered, with the exception of the steak, were on the medium end of the prices there. We would go back to Standford Grill for a special occasion and recommend it to friends.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Hidden Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've dined at the Stanford Grill for business lunches, anniversary dinners and family brunches. While dining there, I've observed special events catered in their scenic special event space. This incredible gem, tucked away at the end of Stanford Boulevard in Columbia is versatile enough to be absolutely PERFECT for almost any occasion.

While that would be achievement enough, adding to the superlative culinary experience, is the incredible service of its staff! "Teamwork" is evident at every pass as the waitstaff makes every guest feel special and valued. My husband loves the jazz quartet or other live music featured at dinner and during Sunday brunch. Really can't say enough about this place. We love it and visit often.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Great Ambiance!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was impressed with the ambiance of the restaurant. I was very lucky to have been seated near the fireplace. It was a very special dinner occasion and I think I will go there again. The service was very good. The food could have used a lot less salt.

• Visited February 2013