“Excellent Saturday Night Date Place” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 216 restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Stanford Grill, food is our passion. Our commitment to ensuring you enjoy your dining experience is illustrated in our approach to the menu. Every day, our chefs handpick the freshest produce. Our chef-inspired dishes are made to order and prepared in our open-air kitchen, making you part of the culinary experience. Come enjoy the ambiance, savor exceptional American cuisine and sample our array of red and white wines. Stanford Grill: American cuisine at its finest.
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Excellent Saturday Night Date Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We have dined there three or four times there on date night. The food is great, don't miss the skillet corn bread or ribs. The dining room while a little loud is cozy. We have also dined at the bar. If that's your choice ask Lawrence to make you his famous espresso martini AWESOME. All in all a great dining experience.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

84% Recommend
Odenton, MD
“Great chill-out spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Hubby and I met some friends there. There weren't enough seats for us within our party, so he and I sat at the bar. We thoroughly enjoyed the conversations with people around us, and the jazz band was great. They played loud enough so you could hear the music, but still have an "inside voice" conversation. Great food and nice atmosphere too! We came back last week for my birthday when the restaurant (where we had reservations) turned out to look more like a fast food joint!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Eastern US
“"Just ok" on two visits”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have read the glowing reviews on this site and, after my second visit, have to respectfully disagree. The staff is certainly gracious and attentive. But I have found the food consistently average. On this last visit I ordered the vegetable plate. The tomatoes were tasteless, too thickly sliced and ice cold, the zucchini spears were thick cut and hard, although they appear to have been grilled. Thankfully I asked for the "blue cheese vinaigrette" on the side -- it was nothing more than thin, sour balsamic vinegar with floating pieces of curdled blue cheese. They could do with a few more lights as well. It's so dim some of the staff walked around with flashlights. I'm all for romantic lighting, but this was too much. My final "nit" on a very cold, snowy, night is that there was no place to hang my long coat. At the Stanford's prices I don't expect to have to sit on my coat. That all being said, the place is consistently packed so reservations are definitely a must if you plan to go.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Good food, bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Food was good, but service was horrendous. Also, they sat us outside next to door and it was 18 degrees outside and heater didn't really help.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Baltimore, Maryland
“Enough Already!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

1st I like to say I love this place they give u so much food, you have to say enough already LOL u must book a reservation sure you can walk in but WHY? you may end up at the bar and dont get me wrong again anywhere in this place it's good but to sit down at a booth and just enjoy the food and the sevice is amazing they know the menu very well so i happen to be apart of one of the biggest CHAINS far as hotel's in columbia and I send plenty of guest there so I know it's good I get nothing but GREAT feed back...FYI maybe you they need to get a shuttle for the guest who donmt want to pay 15 to 40$ to come there so Stanford team think about it....thanks for being good not many to pick for a great place to send our guest!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere