“Great chill-out spot” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Stanford Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 236 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Stanford Grill, food is our passion. Our commitment to ensuring you enjoy your dining experience is illustrated in our approach to the menu. Every day, our chefs handpick the freshest produce. Our chef-inspired dishes are made to order and prepared in our open-air kitchen, making you part of the culinary experience. Come enjoy the ambiance, savor exceptional American cuisine and sample our array of red and white wines. Stanford Grill: American cuisine at its finest.
Maryland
“Great chill-out spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Hubby and I met some friends there. There weren't enough seats for us within our party, so he and I sat at the bar. We thoroughly enjoyed the conversations with people around us, and the jazz band was great. They played loud enough so you could hear the music, but still have an "inside voice" conversation. Great food and nice atmosphere too! We came back last week for my birthday when the restaurant (where we had reservations) turned out to look more like a fast food joint!

Eastern US
“"Just ok" on two visits”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have read the glowing reviews on this site and, after my second visit, have to respectfully disagree. The staff is certainly gracious and attentive. But I have found the food consistently average. On this last visit I ordered the vegetable plate. The tomatoes were tasteless, too thickly sliced and ice cold, the zucchini spears were thick cut and hard, although they appear to have been grilled. Thankfully I asked for the "blue cheese vinaigrette" on the side -- it was nothing more than thin, sour balsamic vinegar with floating pieces of curdled blue cheese. They could do with a few more lights as well. It's so dim some of the staff walked around with flashlights. I'm all for romantic lighting, but this was too much. My final "nit" on a very cold, snowy, night is that there was no place to hang my long coat. At the Stanford's prices I don't expect to have to sit on my coat. That all being said, the place is consistently packed so reservations are definitely a must if you plan to go.

Tampa, Florida
“Good food, bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Food was good, but service was horrendous. Also, they sat us outside next to door and it was 18 degrees outside and heater didn't really help.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enough Already!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

1st I like to say I love this place they give u so much food, you have to say enough already LOL u must book a reservation sure you can walk in but WHY? you may end up at the bar and dont get me wrong again anywhere in this place it's good but to sit down at a booth and just enjoy the food and the sevice is amazing they know the menu very well so i happen to be apart of one of the biggest CHAINS far as hotel's in columbia and I send plenty of guest there so I know it's good I get nothing but GREAT feed back...FYI maybe you they need to get a shuttle for the guest who donmt want to pay 15 to 40$ to come there so Stanford team think about it....thanks for being good not many to pick for a great place to send our guest!

Bay Area
“Good restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very good grill located close to hotels in the Columbia, MD area. Everything is big...but they have a grill and good chicken, steaks, and seafood. Looking forward to going back actually.

Visited January 2013