“Good family dinner on July 5th” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Clyde's of Columbia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 223 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Sandwiches
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Little Patuxent Parkway, Route 175
Description: Situated between Washington and Baltimore, overlooking Lake Kittamaqundi, Clyde's of Columbia is perfectly situated for good times. Clyde's location attracts nearby shoppers, Merriweather Post Pavilion visitors, businesspeople and families for its great food and friendly atmosphere. The casual setting offers its patrons dining at the long wooden bar, framed by vintage travel posters, or elegant seating along the windows with a view of the lake. From Memorial Day to Labor Day, festivals and concerts attract people from miles around to enjoy the outside pavilion making Clyde's of Columbia a local favorite.
Chicago
“Good family dinner on July 5th”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

My wife, daughter and son in law, his mother, and their two small children (2 years, 1 month) had a very tasty dinner on July 5th. The appetizers were outstanding (crabmeat and artichoke dip with a wonderful, crunchy baguette -- we went through 2 -- and the carnitas tacos, which we divided into four halves to share). Our entrees were all very good (fish and chips with appropriate malt vinegar, brick chicken, eggplant involtini, and a Reuben sandwich). The service was also very efficient; our orders taken as soon as we were ready, the appetizers served within minutes, the baguette with butter shortly after our beverages -- I did ask for it as it hadn't arrived before the drinks, and the entrees shortly before the crabmeat and artichoke dip was exhausted. Because of our tiny companion (the 1 month old) we asked for and were seated at a table away from any A/C, and away from the large TVs near the bar where a World Cup game kept those at the bar riveted to the action and vocal in their opinions of the game. All in all, we were glad that we ignored the reviews that had panned Clyde's. Our experience bore no resemblance to what some had written. We found the food very good and reasonably priced for what we ate. The only exception was that childrens plates were $8 and the 2 year old hardly touched anything. That was of more concern to his mother than to me as host. The quality of the childrens menu items seemed good, so a buck or two high is hardly worth criticizing. We would and will definitely go back when we again visit these family members in Columbia, Maryland.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“4th of July Drop In”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We stopped in for soup and salad. They can add other items to salads on request. (I added grilled shrimp). We sat at the bar and had instant comradery with people on each side of us. Tyler was the bartender/server for us and made an amazing lime juice based margarita for me per my request. This was a most pleasant visit and atmosphere.

Visited July 2014
“You expect more for that price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Eighteen dollars for one crab cake and the cucumber salad was so over pickled that my husband left most of it, and he LOVES cucumber salad. I had a chicken pasta dish, one of just a couple entrees on the menu. Mostly sandwiches and salads, for a hefty price. Most people left all or most of their sides behind, so I'm guessing the fries were cold. We also had black and blue beers which were all one color, obviously the bartender had no idea how to make this two toned beer. Never had that happen before, anywhere! As we were a biggish church group, we were in a back area, so no view to compensate for food shortcomings. The service was fine, I really have no complaints. Also, they produced separate bills for each patron, which made paying a breeze. This is an innovation that should be picked up elsewhere. Also, loved that they put a pitcher of water on each table, so we could help ourselves to refills without looking for our server. It's little things like this that make a difference, when the menu falls short.

Visited June 2014
baltimore
“always good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I meet my friends that live in the Silver Spring area there a lot. The food is always consistent and service is very good. We always like the special for the month. It was wild salmon last night. It was excellent. We had ceasar salads with anchovies and one had the crab cake. It was all good. We had wine and drinks. The tab per person was $50.00 with tip. It is not inexpensive,but worth the price.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“It's something About the Butter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This may sound strange but this was the very best butter I have ever tasted. It tasted as if it was just churned....I couldn't believe it. The food is great but my memories rest with the butter we used for the bread.

Visited June 2014