“Good Quality Food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Wash DC
“Good Quality Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I have been coming here off and on for many years. Nice owner who cares. Great breakfast food and good sandwiches. I will be back again and again.

Orlando, Florida
“Nice alternative to fast food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Hidden in a medical plaza. This place does a business, though, so I guess the secret's out - we had to wait to get one of the few tables. Ordered the Big Ben Club and I can see this deli being a saving grace for anyone in the area needing a lighter lunch option, but I don't know that I'd go out of my way to dine here.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“Want a Great Sandwich -- Go Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

On days that I am in the area but don't have time, I hate to pass up Charter Deli's sandwiches.

The sandwiches are generous, very tasty and you can stay at the small tables or take out. Nothing fancy, good food, good service on a minimal scale, simple drink, etc. items. This is the sandwich shop you always wanted to find.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, Maryland
“Great little hidden gem in Columbia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Because of the way signage is handled in our little toewn, it is possible to not even know this gem exists.

It is on Charter Drive, just off Hickory Ridge Road near the newest medical offices and back entrance to the Howard County General Hospital. Look to the right - first building after you get off Hickory Ridge Road and see the neon OPEN sign - there it is!

Great sandwiches loaded with your choice e of meats and cheeses, great deserts and super friendly service from Mr Tom and others that work here. I stop in regularly for coffee and a bagel in the mornings and it's an upbeat start to the day!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, Maryland
“Best Ruben I've ever had”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I went to Charter Deli for the first time today. The staff was friendly and very helpful. I ordered the half sandwich (turkey Ruben) and salad. The Ruben was probably the best I've ever had. The bread was nicely toasted (not too hard and dry), the ratio of meat to kraut to dressing was just right. It was so good I wish I had gotten the whole sandwich. The salad was simple but really good. The nice thing was that all the components were fresh, which I can't say for some fancy chain deli's I've been to. The décor in the deli was simple like you would expect for a deli. It was clean and not too loud so I could enjoy the food. I highly recommend the Charter Deli.

• Visited January 2014