“Happy hour” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Columbia, Maryland
“Happy hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We really like this restaurant, especially at their happy hour from 3-6. I don't really know about their drink prices, but they had a special appetizer menu for happy hour. Everything there is priced a bit lower than regular, and some things are (or in the past had been) only available off of that menu. What we have done several times is to get four appetizers, and then split an entree.

Our favorite appetizers are the chicken lettuce wraps and the flaming red wontons. The latter used to be available only off of the happy hour menu, but we noticed on this visit that they were on the regular appetizer menu as well. This time, our other two appetizers were egg rolls (2) and crab wontons.

The server brings out a tri-tray of sauces that you can use on any thing. There is a mustard sauce, a soy type sauce and a hotter sauce (sort of like siracha, aka rooster sauce). To our tastes, even the "spicy" dishes are fairly mild and so we will stir in a bit of the hot sauce.

They do have a good variety of main courses.

Here is a link to their menu pages -- I was looking at the happy hour, but the other menus will be only a click away.

As with many restaurants in the Columbia area, it pays to arrive between 5-6 pm. After 6 pm, the popular restaurants begin to fill up and the wait time grows, sometimes approaching an hour.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New Market, Maryland, United States
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Visited P.F. Changs yesterday at 3:00pm. It was very busy for 3pm on a Saturday. Service was a little slow but not awful. The waiter was very nice and pleasant. I love the atmosphere at P.F. Chang's. The lighting is subdued so it has a romantic feel to it. The food was wonderful, as usual, and portions were good even though we ordered the Dinner for Two which was $39.99. Desserts were rather small which is expected with those sort of deals.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Damascus, Maryland
“Love PF Chang's at any location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Always go to PF Chang's on business or pleasure when traveling as it is always excellent food and consistent. This restaurant does not disappoint and I have always had good service and good food here at a reasonable expense.

Visited June 2012
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Seasonal Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I feel I have to warn folk about their seasonal dish Pad Thai, its exceptionally salty almost to the point that you cant eat it.
Also on this particular occasion the food was a very long time coming, over half an hour and was not hot. This was not at their busy time either, around 2:30 pm, with the restaurant under half full.
Unsure what to think about this service as this hasn't been the experience we have had in the past.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ijamsville, Maryland
“Good Food, Okay Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Visited P.F. Chang's for lunch in December. My party arrived around 11:45 on a Monday, and there was plenty of seating. I love the decor and furnishings. Very comfortable. There is a pretty decent lunch menu available, but we decided to order for the dinner menu instead. First we ordered the dynamite shrimp. They were not too spicy, but must admit the tempura batter was a little bit soggy. They were just okay. For my main meal, I ordered the seared lamb. This dish is one of my favorites, and it did not disappoint! Also ordered the won ton soup, which was perfect for a cold day.

They only complaint I did have was the service. Getting the food out was fine, but I had to wait 20 minutes to find my waiter to pay my bill. Otherwise, it was a great visit. I'll be returning.

• Visited December 2012