“Good food, live music” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 236 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Fusion
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Ellicott City, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, live music”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We ate with a group of friends and sampled several dishes. Chicken and vegetable dishes were very good, with some interesting combinations not offered at most chinese restaurants. Beef tasted good but was tough. The highlight was live music, a jazz trio accompanied by a young and very talented singer, Ms. Bagley. We look forward to returning for more good food, live music and excellent service.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

Woodstock Maryland.
“Was one of our favorites but disappointed this time.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Jessie Wongs has alway been a huge favorite for us. We have been going there for 10 years and LOVED it. We went for new years eve this year and took our kids for the first time. We were excited that we could finally take them because they have always been pickey eaters but are FINALLY trying new stuff.
Our evening began with appetizers of egg rolls and satay. Satays were wonderful! Egg rolls, Bland and cold. Waiter was sweet and quick with service. Main courses came about 20 mins later and all dishes were luke warm and my daughters chicken was underdone( raw). It was definately a disappointment and I hope that Asean Bistro reads our remarks and takes them into consideration. I would love to go back there and enjoy it again. As I said before, it WAS one of our favorites and I would like it to be that again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Nursingstudent_11
Tampa, Florida
“Not your average Asian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Bistro is exactly what this restaurant is. They provide a sit down restaurant and a separate entrance for to-go orders! The food is authentic and well prepared. There are few restaurants that I would say are my "go-to" places. This restaurant is my "go-to" place when I'm in Columbia Maryland and I want authentic Asian cuisine!

Visited November 2012
“A new taste of Asian.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

My first taste of fried scallops. It was actually amazing. From the choices of sauces, I chose the chef's spicy sauce. It came over a salad with a side of rice. Great texture and flavor! My waiter was also very attentive and friendly. Would recommend.

Columbia, Maryland
“great Asian cuisine, good music, lovely atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is a lovely restaurant with a friendly staff and excellent food. It is a trend-setting menu with consistently high quality entrees and great drinks.