“Pizza was very good!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Upstate, NY
“Pizza was very good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We are from NY so we are very skeptical when ordering pizza since the pizza where we live is absolutely fantastic. We ordered the margarita pizza and it was very good - some areas of the crust were a tad on the overcooked (burnt) side but for the most part the flavor was excellent. The rolls were delicious and the accompanying olive oil as well. We had good service - not great - but overall decent. We would definitely come here again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pacifica, California
“Chicken Domani is excellent!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We ate at Bertucci's twice during our stay in Columbia.
The place is nothing fancy. The training program for the wait staff could be better.
The **Chicken Domani** is worth the trip!
From the menu: "Sautéed chicken tossed in a white wine sauce with gemelli pasta and spinach, finished with Asiago cheese."
I had this both times, and it was fabulous!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Newton Falls, Ohio
“Food is good, service not so much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant several time while visiting my daughter. I know she likes the menu and the food is very good. The service is unenthusiastic. The last time, we did not have reservations for seven so I would understand the wait, but when there were plenty of open seating for large groups and we still waited 30 + minutes I felt it was more to 'punish' us than because they did not have room. Unfortunately, sometimes people can not make reservations. Our case was people traveling from out of state to get there and not knowing exactly what time all would arrive. We finally got seated thanks to a manager who came on shift and saw us waiting. The rest of the staff seemed to be bored with their jobs. The food was still good, but I was sad to see this place begin such a downward spiral.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, Maryland
“Lobster and Basil with Smoked Mozzarella Ravioli-Tasty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Decided to check this place out for their pasta and ordered the Lobster and Basil w Smoked Mozzarella and Ravioli. The flavor was special like the chef made it just for me:) Wife and I also had the red sangria which had a flavor all its own. When I want pasta again, we will be back!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Severn, Maryland
“Missteps by server and kitchen”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I recently visited this bustling restaurant for the very first time at high-noon on a Friday. I expected it to be busy, and it was, however, the hostess was friendly and even offered us a choice of the available tables. The place was hopping! There was a very long delay before we were approached by our server, but we try to be patient when it's busy like that. Anyway, we finally got service, the waiter was very friendly, but it was another very long time before our drinks were delivered. I see that he is trying to multi-task by bringing a round of drinks for several tables at once and I get that. So that said, here's what got under my skin: I ordered Frutti de Mer (seafood stew) and my partner ordered the Soup and Sandwich special. Then he bolted before even asking what choice of soup and whether garden/caesar salad. When the bread finally arrived, he also brought a large bowl of the house salad. I dug in solo as I thought it came with my entree (it did). Then later, my entree arrived w/o anything for my dining companion. Huh? When asked, the waiter said that "since a salad came with my entree, he thought it would be easier if he just brought a big bowl of salad for us to share." Meaning, my companion lost the choice of salad. I get that he was trying to save time and steps, but I was offended that he just thought that's what we would like. In reality, we wanted to try the caesar. Anyway, my seafood stew was unremarkable and, at times, inedible. The kitchen had thrown a bunch of mussels in and, at some point, had shattered many of the tips of the shells. It was not pretty. And dangerous, coz when sopping up the broth with my bread, I picked up many of the shell shards and, luckly, did not swallow them. Altogether an unfortunate experience and I don't expect to be going back.

• Visited March 2013