“Food is good, service not so much” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Newton Falls, Ohio
“Food is good, service not so much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant several time while visiting my daughter. I know she likes the menu and the food is very good. The service is unenthusiastic. The last time, we did not have reservations for seven so I would understand the wait, but when there were plenty of open seating for large groups and we still waited 30 + minutes I felt it was more to 'punish' us than because they did not have room. Unfortunately, sometimes people can not make reservations. Our case was people traveling from out of state to get there and not knowing exactly what time all would arrive. We finally got seated thanks to a manager who came on shift and saw us waiting. The rest of the staff seemed to be bored with their jobs. The food was still good, but I was sad to see this place begin such a downward spiral.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Joppa, Maryland
“Lobster and Basil with Smoked Mozzarella Ravioli-Tasty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Decided to check this place out for their pasta and ordered the Lobster and Basil w Smoked Mozzarella and Ravioli. The flavor was special like the chef made it just for me:) Wife and I also had the red sangria which had a flavor all its own. When I want pasta again, we will be back!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Severn, Maryland
“Missteps by server and kitchen”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I recently visited this bustling restaurant for the very first time at high-noon on a Friday. I expected it to be busy, and it was, however, the hostess was friendly and even offered us a choice of the available tables. The place was hopping! There was a very long delay before we were approached by our server, but we try to be patient when it's busy like that. Anyway, we finally got service, the waiter was very friendly, but it was another very long time before our drinks were delivered. I see that he is trying to multi-task by bringing a round of drinks for several tables at once and I get that. So that said, here's what got under my skin: I ordered Frutti de Mer (seafood stew) and my partner ordered the Soup and Sandwich special. Then he bolted before even asking what choice of soup and whether garden/caesar salad. When the bread finally arrived, he also brought a large bowl of the house salad. I dug in solo as I thought it came with my entree (it did). Then later, my entree arrived w/o anything for my dining companion. Huh? When asked, the waiter said that "since a salad came with my entree, he thought it would be easier if he just brought a big bowl of salad for us to share." Meaning, my companion lost the choice of salad. I get that he was trying to save time and steps, but I was offended that he just thought that's what we would like. In reality, we wanted to try the caesar. Anyway, my seafood stew was unremarkable and, at times, inedible. The kitchen had thrown a bunch of mussels in and, at some point, had shattered many of the tips of the shells. It was not pretty. And dangerous, coz when sopping up the broth with my bread, I picked up many of the shell shards and, luckly, did not swallow them. Altogether an unfortunate experience and I don't expect to be going back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Eldersburg, Maryland
“Fast and Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I stopped at Bertucci's in Columbia, MD, before the movies on a Fruday evening. We were greeted promptly, led to our seat, and welcomed by our server right away. Our server was super friendly, gave us some menus, told us about some specials, and took our drink order. She was back with the drinks in about 5 minutes, and took our order, too. I had the Antipasto Sampler as my dinner and it was great. The Antipasto Sampler consists of Mozzarella Fritta (fried cheese), Tuscan Chicken Wings (with just a little 'zip') and Meatballs (large & flavorful) in pomodoro sauce. My wife had the Grilled Chicken Marsala. Tender chicken breasts grilled and topped with mushrooms in a Marsala wine sauce with green beans (done perfectly) and roasted red potatoes. This dish looked exactly like the picture in the menu! We split and order of Limoncello Mascarpone Cake for dessert. Dinner for 2 with no alcoholic drinks was about $40 including tip. The food and service were certainly good enough for us to try it again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Haarlem, The Netherlands
“Excellent for the meat lover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We had a great meal here after a movie in the cinema nearby. The service was prompt and friendly, the beer was good and there was a a wide choice. The pizza was marvelous. We took there signature meat one with four types of meat and it was truly delicious. The big one was more than enough for two men after a movie with enough left to take home for the football the next day. One of the best Italian places in the area!