“Friendly, good food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
London
“Friendly, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This restaurant, on the edge of the lake, offers good sushi (large portions) in relaxed and friendly surroundings. The waiting staff are helpful and ready to chat, share a joke.

There are taster menus and plenty to choose from if you already know your sushi!

Some dishes are house specialities - don't miss the chance to try something new!

• Visited June 2014

Joppa, Maryland
“Above the Norm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Made the journey based upon the recommendation of a friend. We were warmly greeted and seated quickly. Service was exceptionally attentive with drinks topped off and empty plates removed most promptly. We enjoyed the sushi sampler, several of the daily specials and some ala carte standard selections. The dragon roll and tempura soft crab were outstandind, although our clan of sushi-lovers found each dish a cut above. Save a trip to LA or Morimito's in Philly this place serves the best sushi we've had. It's well worth the trip for the quality; the friendly service and nice lakeftont views are icing on the cake. We'll definitely be back!

Visited June 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

A wonderful sushi experience. Terrific staff. Looking forward to visiting again and enjoying the wonderful fare.

• Visited May 2014
Columbia, MD
“Great sushi restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have been to dozens of sushi restaurants all over the country. This ranks up there with the best. Service is excellent, and the Royal Crab Roll is absolutely awesome -- impossible to get just one. Hard to get just two!

We went on a Tuesday in October and the place was packed; apparently it's no secret how excellent this restaurant is!

I've been here three or four times. Always impressed.

• Visited October 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Best Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I never pass up an opportunity to eat at Sushi Sono as I rarely get down to Columbia, MD so when I was down there this weekend I knew I had to go.

If you love sushi you will love this restaurant, it is the best sushi I have ever had, hands down. I have never had a bad roll or entree meal here. The fish is always super fresh and they some unique rolls I have never seen or eaten anywhere else.

My personal favorite I had this weekend was the Seafood roll (which is baked). The other rolls we had were the crispy roll (never seen any where else), the Sono Roll (their veggie roll w/ mushrooms and NO cucumber), and the rainbow roll (classic and yummy). All of them were wonderful.

The service is always great and the sushi comes out faster then any where else I have ever been. I have never sat at the sushi bar or in the traditional rooms but I am sure they are great too.

Can't wait until my next visit!

Visited May 2014