“Great Sushi” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
DAYTON
“Great Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Fresh, authentic and nice location. This place is very good, it does get very busy however, so book ahead if you can and avoid the busiest dining times. The restaurant usually has a wait line...

• Visited April 2013

93% Recommend
“Delightful and Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

In search of sushi after a Friday swim (Aug. 3rd), I found this hidden gem in the coutyard of Kings Contrivance around 6:00pm. It's a small, quaint place that was relaxing, quiet, classy and charming. The hostesses and chef were genuine, polite and friendly. They were attentive to allergies, happy to answer multiple questions, and made recommendations that suited my needs. As a party of one at the unoccupied bar, I enjoyed listening to classical music playing faintly in the background, while watching the chef transform delicate pieces of fish and vegetables into incredible edible art. I have eaten sushi in several places in the Baltimore-Washington DC/MD/VA area and the level of artistry in which the sushi is presented is unmatched. More importantly, at Nori, the sushi is delicious! Fresh, melt-in-your-mouth, heavenly kind of delicious! I ordered seaweed salad (which was enough for two), the "Cherry Blossom" and a garden delight (cucumber wrapped four fish types with roe). Edamame was served warm with a hint of salt to start. Total of about twenty generous sushi rolls, salad and appetizer for $26. When my food arrived so artfully prepared, I was sad to ruin such masterpieces, but my hunger quickly urged me to sample the perfect bites. Ahhh, pure bliss! So good! I am sure glad I found this place. The wait staff was lovely. Kept my water glass full and checked on me without overbearance. With art consumed, plates empty, tummy content I thought nothing could top this treat. Then I was served cinnamon tea. The perfect ending to a most delightful meal. The subtle sweetness of the tea was great. I look forward to my next visit to Nori.

• Visited August 2013
“Great sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

This sushi was fantastic! Very fresh and very affordable. Non-sushi eaters became sushi-eaters, an overall great experience.

Visited July 2013
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Made me a sushi convert!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I've never been into sushi before. For a long time, I would avoid it or at best, I wasn't excited. But now, I crave Sushi Sono. They have the most unique options -- ask for things not on the menu! Their seafood soup in a pot is awesome. We always eat more than we need because it tastes so good! It can be expensive if you don't focus on rolls (we don't) but that is par for the course in high grade sushi. Its a really great place to go with 8 people and sit in the special room with the sunken table -- we did this to celebrate a birthday and it was very memorable.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Yaounde, Cameroon
“Fast service, friendly servers, and EXCELLENT sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stopped by Sushi Sono to pick up a gift card for a co-worker and decided to treat myself to dinner. The restaurant has a beautiful view of the lake and the servers wear traditional Japanese dresses. All of the servers were very nice, I could hear them pleasantly helping diners pick the appropriate sushi to suit their tastes - even customizing rolls for them. I chose the Royal Crab Roll ($15) and Crispy Spicy Tuna Roll ($7). The servers help one another so service is prompt and efficient, my water and tea cups were repeatedly refreshed. My rolls arrived in approx. 5 minutes - both were outstanding! This restaurant is by far the best sushi in Columbia - possibly even the Baltimore area.

• Visited July 2013