“Fast service, friendly servers, and EXCELLENT sushi!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Baltimore, Maryland
“Fast service, friendly servers, and EXCELLENT sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stopped by Sushi Sono to pick up a gift card for a co-worker and decided to treat myself to dinner. The restaurant has a beautiful view of the lake and the servers wear traditional Japanese dresses. All of the servers were very nice, I could hear them pleasantly helping diners pick the appropriate sushi to suit their tastes - even customizing rolls for them. I chose the Royal Crab Roll ($15) and Crispy Spicy Tuna Roll ($7). The servers help one another so service is prompt and efficient, my water and tea cups were repeatedly refreshed. My rolls arrived in approx. 5 minutes - both were outstanding! This restaurant is by far the best sushi in Columbia - possibly even the Baltimore area.

• Visited July 2013

Fulton, Maryland
“most gracious owner and excellent sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I've eaten here a few times and want to comment on the woman who appears to be the owner. Every time I've been here she has been very friendly and works hard to accommodate even those adults and children who are less than gracious. It is obvious why so many people return because of her effort to personally connect with each guest.

The sushi has always been excellent and tastes fresh.

The wait staff is also very attentive.

• Visited April 2013
“Best sushi ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The sushi experience here was awesome. The service was outstanding, very friendly and helpful, the food was amazing, every single item we ordered was delicious, the seaweed salad is a must

• Visited May 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Top quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Years ago when my husband and I were dating we loved this restaurant because he and I both really enjoyed sushi. He would also take clients there for work. We moved an hour away and have not been back until Friday. We carried out though this friday because we needed to get home. Quality of the food and taste was just as we remembered it. A go to roll for us is rainbow roll. Their rainbow roll is incomparable because of the quality of the fish. Delicious! My husbands favorite rolls are bridal veil and royal crab roll. Thumbs up. Excited to make a date and go back.

Visited April 2013
Maryland
“Premium quality sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Sushi Sono is arguably one of the best sushi restaurants I have ever been to. Though it is not extremely fancy, the sushi is almost unbeatable and the service is quick and friendly. Their specialty rolls are very unique and satisfying. My favorite rolls here are spicy tuna, philadelphia and the lobster rolls. Don't forget to get the shitake mushroom soup as a light appetizer.

• Visited January 2013