“best sushi in the area” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
maryland
“best sushi in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

you cannot beat sushi sono on ambiance, flavor, originality, and daily specials. bring your wallet, its easy to run up the tab here. but its so worth it! service is impeccable and fast. fish is fresh and very high quality. always check the specials....you will always have something you've never tried before and be very happy. i love the green tea ice cream for dessert. there are also very fun private rooms if you have a party or company function. i cannot recommend this place enough.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

93% Recommend
Baltimore, Maryland
“Love, Love Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Their sushi is the best. A little pricey, but worth it. Try the crispy snowball and the hurricane eye. Yummy!

Visited March 2013
Columbia, Maryland
“Best Sushi Restaurant in Howard County if not Maryland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I travel frequently and eat sushi in most cities where I dare; Sushi Sono is the best, freshest sushi restaurant I've ever found on the east coast. Reservations are highly recommended. Check the "specials board" on the wall behind the chefs. I like to go with larger groups which makes ordering easier; I order one of each chef special and then seconds of that groups favorites. The list of sushi rolls is extensive including shrimp, lobster and real crab. This has been both my daughters' birthday restaurant choice for many years (10+ years)! The menu includes enough non-fish items that visitors who prefer not eating fish or seafood have still left satisfied. The menu even includes a couple vegetarian rolls. Waitresses and Chef's are in traditional Japanese cloths. Lilly is our favorite waitress. They serve the usual selection of several traditional Japanese Beers; I like Kirin Ichiban. They also have Sake and Plum Wine. The better Sake, served cold, is my wife's favorite beverage.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Carson City, Nevada
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We went here for dinner on the Thursday after Christmas. I was very surprised that it was so busy! We were greeted and seated immediately, even though the place was PACKED. Our server took our drink order right away and brought over hot, fresh, towels to clean our hands and faces. It was a very lovely experience.
We ordered 6 different rolls from the menu, including the Hurricane Eye Roll. I can't tell you how incredibly fresh and delicious the rolls tasted!
The food was fantastic and the prices were very reasonable.
I wish I lived closer...I know my son and daughter in law go here on a regular basis but the food was FANTASTIC!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Highland, Maryland
“Top Japanese Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Excellent restaurant hidden from the street but way worth the little walk. First suggestion, make a reservation. Sushi and rolls are excellent. Try the chef specials, they are more expensive but delicious and beautifully presented. Tempuras are very good as well. We order a few of everything and share. However, it is expensive. Assume at least $50/pp.