“Les Miserables - Fantastic Show!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 attractions in Columbia
Attraction Details
Burtonsville, Maryland, United States
17 attraction reviews
“Les Miserables - Fantastic Show!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Don't miss Les Miserables at Toby's! Great talent and a well done show. The sets are perfect, the actors are flawless and the story by Victor Hugo lives on! A good buffet to enjoy before the show makes this a worthwhile night. The Baltimore Sun gives the show a fantastic rating and so did the group I was with - do your self a favor and go.

mount airy, maryland
12 attraction reviews
“Absolutely wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I recently attended the matinee performance of "Les Mis" at Toby's. By far there aren't enough superlatives to describe the performance. Absolutely wonderful. I am amazed at how many people come to a matinee that starts serving at 1045 AM, but the place was packed. We had great seats and I am not sure there is a bad one in the place. The staging was clever. I couldn't imagine how they were going to master it on such a small area, but they did including Javier leaping from the bridge - you have to see it! Even though it was a long production the time flew by. The food service ran continuously right to the start of the show. The buffet offered many choices including the wait staff slicing roast beef. I do love the ice cream sunday offerings. If you haven't been in a while this is the show to see!

earth
6 attraction reviews
“Very good performances and decent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I've been to Tobys twice in the last six months, the most recent to see their performance of Les Mis.
Both times we were very happy with the performance, and the food was fine as well.
First the performances. These actors are very good. They may not be West End exceptional, but they are certainly professional and well-trained. I've seen Les Mis maybe a dozen times, and this I would actually rate higher than some of the national tours I've been to.
The food was, well, buffet food. Not great, but better than a typical Applebees type offering.
For the price one pays (50-ish including dinner and show), you really can't beat that.
Be careful though you may need to share a table. Their tables are configured as either four or six people. The first time I went, we were two and had our own table (two empty seats). The second time we were three and were put at the same table as another party of three. There's no telling where you will be (you can't choose your own table when you book), so if you are allergic to table-sharing, you might want to be forewarned.
The wait staff are all performers. Some are better than others, but nothing to really complain about (at our last visit, our waitress ignored us after we gave her a $30 tip on a $160 total bill -- what, that's too small? I am quite offended, but hey, such is life).
I would return, if only because the performance is so very good. The food is fine, too, if you're not looking for a fine-dining experience.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
30 attraction reviews
“Great food, good atmosphere, decent theater”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Toby's Dinner Theater in Columbia serves a buffet of surprisingly good food. The venue itself is well-constructed for a small-troupe theater, with ample free parking. The actual play we watched was OK; neither remarkably good nor bad. Perhaps other shows produced there are more exciting. But the overall evening's experience was definitely positive.

Visited June 2013
Columbia
10 attraction reviews
“Local Broadway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This dinner theater is FAR from typical. It is VERY professional and has won numerous awards for its various productions.The director/creator of this theater is EXTREMELY creative.(She actually got a helicopter into the theater(not that big) for Miss Saigon.) .Great seating since it is a theater in the round and each section is well elevated.

Visited October 2012