“Delivering the Spicy Awesome” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Nepali
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Columbia, Maryland
“Delivering the Spicy Awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Please Note: This review of their food is from a grubHub delivery - We did NOT visit the restaurant.

Sometimes you just need the hot spicy exotic spices of East India. The soft warming reassurance of Naan bread, the cooling refreshment of a good yoghurt Raita, and the spicy crunchy fun of Papadam. Curry and Kabob delivers it (though a bit slowly) and more!

The Chat Papri was amazing - I'm sure it got a bit LESS crispy in the delivery process but we found this app quite addictive and a healthy portion for sharing! Crispy home made chips tossed with cool cucumber, chick peas, tomatoes, diced onion, & cilantro then drizzled with spicy & sweet sauces. YUM! Crave-able!

12 Piece Momo, a Nepali App, was also fantastic! Plump pinched steamed dumplings filled with spices & chicken and served with a wonderfully tangy dipping sauce. Great buy - 12 pot stickers at $8.95!

Entree wise we also got Chicken Tikka Masala, which was delish, as well as the Shrimp Tandoori.

Sure the bread prices seem higher than local take-aways but they're double sized! One order is really like two!

Don't forget to order much needed accompaniments like cool yoghurt Raita 2.95 and crispy Papadam. (Though you get spoiled getting that for free when dining in, don't you?)

All in all, we were quite pleased with this order & had leftovers for days!

• Visited June 2014

Columbia, Maryland, United States
“Different tastes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This restaurant run by Nepalese has food from Nepal and India. It is well prepared and the dishes are large and well worth the cost...which is not expensive. The servers and owners are pleasant and wanting to please and will answer questions. It is a bit out of the way but worth looking for....its buffet lunch is incredible.

• Visited March 2014
“Try the momo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

They have one of the best momo's I have had here in Maryland. If you haven't had them before they are like pot stickers you find in Chinese restaurants only better. They don't use a lot of spice for people who don't like spicy so it's American friendly. Everything else on the menu you can tell them the level of spicy you want. I personally like the chicken choyla you can find it under Nepali appetizers along with momo. I hope my review was helpful.

Columbia, MD
“'Seekh" and You Shall Find - A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

With all of the construction going on at the Wilde Lake Village Center in Columbia, it's not easy to find Curry and Kabob if you approach the Center from the wrong side. But it's worth the effort. And hopefully this "hidden gem" - in plain sight on the quaint and charming Village Green - but approachable from the Interfaith Center side where there is ample parking - will survive the construction that blocks access from the other side of the Center.

Why is it worth "seekhing" out? Simply because the food, the service, the pleasant ambiance, and the prices are all so appealing. We had a great dinner, including the vegetarian assorted appetizer, garlic naan, chicken tika marsala, and chicken seekh (actual spelling) kabob, and it was sumptuous, and cooked with just the right degree of spiciness as we requested. The food was simply delicious.

We hate to quote Yelp because we are Trip Advisor fans, but with 35 reviews they give Curry and Kabob a rating of 4.5 out of 5, while Trip Advisor only had one prior review (exactly a year ago) and the reviewer awarded an overall score of only 3 out of 5 while praising the food.

So I hope we have more Trip Advisor reviewers who can provide a broader based indication of how good this place really is.

• Visited June 2014
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Average Indian/Nepali food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My father had an online coupon for this place so we decided to check it out. The biggest problem we had was finding the place. It is located within the Wilde Lake Village Center and most of the complex is under construction, with fences, some entrances closed, etc. It turned out they are located near the Melting Pot.

The restaurant features both Indian food and Nepali food. My wife and I both got dishes we tend to get at Indian restaurants and my parents tried the Nepali food. I got the Tandoori shrimp, my wife go the Chicken Tika Marsala. Both dishes were fine, they actually gave me more shrimp then most of the other Indian restaurants I go to. My wife's Chicken Tikka Marsala was very similar to the taste of House of India's, just a little more "buttery". We also got the version of Nan with nuts and raisins. It was pretty plain, not much difference in taste then the plain Nan.

My parents Nepali dish was OK, they said the food was good. When we asked whether they would try it again, they said no.

Unlike most Indian restaurants they actually have a kids menu. My kids tried the chicken nuggets. They had an extremely strange consistency They were a little mushy for some reason, but edible.

In my opinion they are an average Indian restaurant. Since both Royal Taj and House of India are closer to us, I doubt we will make an effort to go there unless we are on that side of town. Especially since the prices seemed to be higher then both Royal Taj and House of India.

• Visited June 2013