“Good beer, good food, terrible parking” 4 of 5 stars

6480 Dobbin Center Way, Columbia, MD
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ale House Columbia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 205 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
“Good beer, good food, terrible parking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Park behind fuddruckers, don't even bother trying closer, if its high time. Oliver's beer isn't my favorite, but it's acceptable. Usually have a nice selection of guest beers as well. A bit pricy, but well made and presented food. We've been here for restaurant week specials, which are awesome. Also, the beer pairing meals are worth it. We've had just beers in the bar and meals in the booths. Both have acceptable service. Go when it's quiet and have a nice chat with the server about the beers or food choices.

Visited January 2014

Columbia, Maryland
“Ruined st.Valentine...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

No specials at lunch, dry sliders, slow services, the drinks were not amazing, not the only ones with pissed faces...pathetic.

Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“A must for craft beer enthusiasts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

The food was very, very good. The selections of craft beer were extensive though expensive. We were there in the middle of the afternoon so it was not crowded. Service was very good. We will definitely go back

Visited February 2014
Severn, Maryland
“Good food, good beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

A group of us met up for dinner and drinks on a Friday night - make sure you have reservations!
That being said, I didn't realize the insanity of the parking; however, the Ale House does have valet parking, which is a definite plus. On arrival, I was given a pager, even though we had reservations, as they won't seat your party until a majority of them have arrived. We were seated when most of our party came. The Ale House is very large, and noisy, at least on a Friday night. Our server was pleasant, attentive, and efficient. There is a large selection of beers; if you're not sure what you want or want to try several different ones, 5 oz. glasses can be ordered. The cocktails were good, according to members of my party. Our appetizer, the artichoke dip, was tasty. The food is good; one of my party ordered the fish fry, which he enjoyed, another ordered their burger, which she said was very good - she ended up taking half of it home, as it was large. I had the bratwurst burger, which was quite large, but somewhat lacking in flavor. Overall, I enjoyed my meal, and will come back here again.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, Md
“I'll Be Back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I had 1:30p.m. lunch there with friends a few days before Christmas. Although I'd heard that the place gets pretty noisy in the evenings, I was pleased that it was quiet at that hour. We sat in the bar area and received friendly and prompt service. I had hot tea (it was quite cold outside!) and Mussels Diavolo, a dish I highly recommend! The meal was superb and the serving size was generous, so I boxed half of it and enjoyed it for dinner that night. Both my friends ordered cold drinks (they're from Pittsburgh and are undaunted by cold weather!) and the Crispy Chicken, with which they were pleased. The Presentation of all dishes had great eye appeal!

• Visited December 2013