“Good food, good beer” 4 of 5 stars

6480 Dobbin Center Way, Columbia, MD
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ale House Columbia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 204 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Severn, Maryland
“Good food, good beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

A group of us met up for dinner and drinks on a Friday night - make sure you have reservations!
That being said, I didn't realize the insanity of the parking; however, the Ale House does have valet parking, which is a definite plus. On arrival, I was given a pager, even though we had reservations, as they won't seat your party until a majority of them have arrived. We were seated when most of our party came. The Ale House is very large, and noisy, at least on a Friday night. Our server was pleasant, attentive, and efficient. There is a large selection of beers; if you're not sure what you want or want to try several different ones, 5 oz. glasses can be ordered. The cocktails were good, according to members of my party. Our appetizer, the artichoke dip, was tasty. The food is good; one of my party ordered the fish fry, which he enjoyed, another ordered their burger, which she said was very good - she ended up taking half of it home, as it was large. I had the bratwurst burger, which was quite large, but somewhat lacking in flavor. Overall, I enjoyed my meal, and will come back here again.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Columbia, Md
“I'll Be Back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I had 1:30p.m. lunch there with friends a few days before Christmas. Although I'd heard that the place gets pretty noisy in the evenings, I was pleased that it was quiet at that hour. We sat in the bar area and received friendly and prompt service. I had hot tea (it was quite cold outside!) and Mussels Diavolo, a dish I highly recommend! The meal was superb and the serving size was generous, so I boxed half of it and enjoyed it for dinner that night. Both my friends ordered cold drinks (they're from Pittsburgh and are undaunted by cold weather!) and the Crispy Chicken, with which they were pleased. The Presentation of all dishes had great eye appeal!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Maryland
“Good food, drinks okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We ate on a Thursday night, and had an overall good experience. The food was good (we both got burgers), and the pretzels were excellent. The beer selection was great, however my wife got a couple of the mixed drinks and was less than impressed. Also, we found it interesting that it took several minutes for a group next to us to be allowed to sit at a table rather than a booth, when there were about 7 empty tables.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York
“Large and in charge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The Al House is a great place. It's a ver large restaurant with three bars, lots of different beers and great food. We both had the Al House burger and it was delicious.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Westminster, Maryland
“Nice brew pub/restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I took my team out to lunch here. Everyone was very happy. I myself had he chop salad w/chicken. It was very good. One person had the meatloaf and was very impressed. Since it was lunch we didn't have "drinks". But I've actually stop by one other time after work and they have an impressive beer selection.
Lunch for 5 of us, 2 apps and drinks (soda) came to around $100. Not too bad.

• Visited September 2013