“I'll Be Back!” 5 of 5 stars

6480 Dobbin Center Way, Columbia, MD
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ale House Columbia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 224 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Columbia, Md
“I'll Be Back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I had 1:30p.m. lunch there with friends a few days before Christmas. Although I'd heard that the place gets pretty noisy in the evenings, I was pleased that it was quiet at that hour. We sat in the bar area and received friendly and prompt service. I had hot tea (it was quite cold outside!) and Mussels Diavolo, a dish I highly recommend! The meal was superb and the serving size was generous, so I boxed half of it and enjoyed it for dinner that night. Both my friends ordered cold drinks (they're from Pittsburgh and are undaunted by cold weather!) and the Crispy Chicken, with which they were pleased. The Presentation of all dishes had great eye appeal!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Maryland
“Good food, drinks okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We ate on a Thursday night, and had an overall good experience. The food was good (we both got burgers), and the pretzels were excellent. The beer selection was great, however my wife got a couple of the mixed drinks and was less than impressed. Also, we found it interesting that it took several minutes for a group next to us to be allowed to sit at a table rather than a booth, when there were about 7 empty tables.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York
“Large and in charge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The Al House is a great place. It's a ver large restaurant with three bars, lots of different beers and great food. We both had the Al House burger and it was delicious.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Westminster, Maryland
“Nice brew pub/restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I took my team out to lunch here. Everyone was very happy. I myself had he chop salad w/chicken. It was very good. One person had the meatloaf and was very impressed. Since it was lunch we didn't have "drinks". But I've actually stop by one other time after work and they have an impressive beer selection.
Lunch for 5 of us, 2 apps and drinks (soda) came to around $100. Not too bad.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Elkridge, MD
“Good Food and Service for a Monday Evening”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had heard the place can get packed on the weekends, so my husband and I decided to try it on a weekday day evening; we were pleasantly surprised you could enjoy the happy hour specials while sitting in the dining area and did not have to be in the bar. There was definitely a wide selection of beer and neat drinks, in particular a chili infused margarita which was delicious. The burgers we had were very good but felt a little pricey but thankful at least the drinks and appetizer were at happy hour prices and decent open table points for the reservation.

• Visited September 2013