“Nice brew pub/restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

6480 Dobbin Center Way, Columbia, MD
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ale House Columbia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 220 restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Westminster, Maryland
“Nice brew pub/restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I took my team out to lunch here. Everyone was very happy. I myself had he chop salad w/chicken. It was very good. One person had the meatloaf and was very impressed. Since it was lunch we didn't have "drinks". But I've actually stop by one other time after work and they have an impressive beer selection.
Lunch for 5 of us, 2 apps and drinks (soda) came to around $100. Not too bad.

80% Recommend
Elkridge, MD
“Good Food and Service for a Monday Evening”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had heard the place can get packed on the weekends, so my husband and I decided to try it on a weekday day evening; we were pleasantly surprised you could enjoy the happy hour specials while sitting in the dining area and did not have to be in the bar. There was definitely a wide selection of beer and neat drinks, in particular a chili infused margarita which was delicious. The burgers we had were very good but felt a little pricey but thankful at least the drinks and appetizer were at happy hour prices and decent open table points for the reservation.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, Maryland
“Good Food, Average Service, Too Pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have been here twice. Once I sat at the bar and was served quickly, had a pulled pork sandwich which was good (not great) and the beer selection was great.

The second time I came here was with my wife. We sat on the patio outside which was a nice atmosphere. The waiter forgot about us, came back to take our order 10 min later and had forgotten to give us beer menu's, meal menu's or take our drink order. We got the menu's promptly, put in a order and was informed 5 min later that they were out of both beers and that the menu's should have been marked. We guessed at 4 other beers and found out they were all out as well. He took an order and our menu's and left to get us properly marked ones and never returned.

A waitress brought us our food, gave us new unmarked beer menu's and our check. She was slammed with tables outside and her service was much better than I could do. I left her a good tip for trying, I hope she got most of it.

Overall spent $55 for two drinks and two entree's. A little high for a single couple's meal. Would have liked it to have been in the $40-$45 range.

Food was average. I had a burger, medium well was very well done on this occasion.

• Visited August 2013
ellico
“Good food and fun time.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

fun atmosphere. been here a few times. the tostado nachos were awesome and so were the jalapeno/cilantro mussels. food timing is a little off..so you may want to eat an appetizer first and order the meal halfway through. Otherwise, food comes almost all at the same time. Service was friendly. good beer selection--really enjoyed the Merry Monk, Abbey ale. Lots of Tv to watch the games.

Philadelphia, PA
“The Beer was the best part of the night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Having arrived 10 minutes early for our reservation, I checked in at the front desk and was told to wait to be seated. After 15 minutes, I checked again, and they had forgotten about us. Our dinner order had minor amendments to the standard order: no onions on a pizza, no green olives on a pizza and a hamburger cooked medium. To our surprise none of our requests were honored. The pizza with the green olives was the only plate we returned to the kitchen and we waited and waited for another pizza to arrive. We had already finished eating our entrees when the pizza was brought out only to find the bottom burnt to a crisp. Needless to say, it was inedible but we didn't complain much as the manager had already apologized and told us he had taken it off our dinner tab. Overall the food was not that spectacular and I think we could find an extensive beer menu somewhere else where the kitchen cares about getting the order correct.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere